I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, March 3, 2012

But that train keeps a-rollin' on down to San Antone...

And I'm DONE!

For this weekend anyway.

Powerpoint is researched, finished and posted. It's on cataloging non-print items so I basically gave examples of some, some stuff to watch out for when cataloging them, and then notable tag numbers.

Now I just gotta figure out what to say along with it. But I do that best on the fly.

Plus I'll have time before class cause we're going early. There's a meeting about choosing classes and all that. I have my plan all set out but it'll be interesting to hear what they have to say.

So, you know when you finish a series and you're looking for something to start next, and even though you have a mass amount of tv shows to pick from, you automatically go with something familiar?

Is that just me?

Like, I can literally choose anything to watch, but then I see Charlie's Angels and I'm like, heck yeah!

Sabrina Duncan: I love you, I'll prove it, You won't like it, I don't care.

(favorite quote from the entire series and I use it frequently)

I'm talking the original series, not the remake. No matter how much I love Drew I couldn't watch the new series all the way through.

The movies rocked though, we went as the angels for Halloween my junior year of high school, that was highly amusing.

It goes in spurts with that show, like once a year I get all obsessive and crazy then drop it after about a season and a half.

Original cast is the best, but I actually kind of like Cheryl Ladd, so secondary cast was good as well. I have yet to force myself to watch fourth season, even though I own it. I'll start with 1 and go from there.

It always amuses me to see Tommy Lee Jones in the pilot.

I blame the sudden return on my powerpoint.

I needed something running in the background that wasn't going to distract me and I've seen every episode from seasons 1-3 multiple times.

I work better when there's noise.

Hence the headphones.

For some reason I find silence more distracting than noise. I think it's because if it's silent my mind runs 80 miles per minute and goes off on all these different tangents, whereas if there's a noise to distract me I actually have to focus all my energy on one tangent in particular.

And it works.

Did that make sense?

Perhaps not, I did just take that couch medicine stuff and that makes everything fuzzy.

Oh yeah, some chick told The New Boy "bless your fuzzy heart".

Is that a compliment?

Yes, he's The New Boy, cause there's already a New Guy, and he's older than the New Boy.

I'm gonna blame that nickname on the fuzzyness as well.

I'll fix it later.

I actually almost got to work at the home library today, but I had so much crap to do at the work library that I needed to get done there that I sacrificed the opportunity.

This whole extra responsibilities thing is kickin' my butt.

But in a good way.

Cause it gives me something to do, like today I switched out my "All's Fair in Love and War" display one with one entitled "Teen Scenes in Green" which basically consists of books with green covers.

Also today I made some progress on my spreadsheet - we took the TAB kids to Barnes and Noble and now I get to make a spreadsheet of all the titles they want added to the collection and send it on to my supervisor.

That, of course, is due Monday but since I've been gone the majority of the week, and I'm not supposed to work on work stuff outside of work, I will be finishing it on Monday and hopefully getting it sent in before I get another reminder e-mail.

Speaking of TAB. I was told today that Mentor is going on vacation. And there's a TAB meeting on Tuesday. Which I get to lead. By myself.

No pressure.

Actually, haha and this actually makes me laugh, the only part of the meeting that I'm actually dreading is taking role for volgistics, because I'm still learning their names.

The rest of the meeting will be cake!!

Which sounds backwards, right?

But there are a lot of them, and outside of the meetings I've interacted with about 5 of them. My niece included.

It'll be fine. I will give them snacks and we'll discuss the Barnes and Noble thing, plus talk about our refurbishing idea - basically we're gonna take old books and make them into crafty stuff and decorate the library. They were excited so I'm going with it.

And then review Summer Reading Kickoff duties and then we'll be good.

Good.

Yep, good.

Not gonna freak.

Cause that would be loser-y.

Plus I have more to freak about in the meantime.

Starting with tomorrow.

After that comes my next week's To-Do-List

-Finish that spreadsheet, send it in, and get started on example crafts for refurbishing project.

-I've uploaded all my camp music but I still need to format it and send it out.
Plus pimp out the camp date and theme on Facebook, plus update the website. Or send updates to our webmaster. For some reason there's always something camp-related on my to-do-list no matter what time of year it is.

-Finish editing my friend's stories. I'm almost through with one, but still have to get started on the second, then send those back.

-Summer Reading stuff at work - make sure my program planning sheet got cleared for the forensics presentation, plus get in touch with the other presenter since he still hasn't said anything since his initial e-mail. Gonna have to break down and call him, that should be a fun conversation.

-Plus do whatever homework is due for next weekend.

-And insert some sort of social-life into the process, I haven't actually seen my boyfriend in like weeks cause last Friday didn't really count.


"Wonderful World" Herman's Hermits

good god, they look fifteen! love the random go-go dancers.

"Folsom Prison Blue" Johnny Cash

but i shot a man in reno, just to watch him die. when i hear that whistle blowin' i hang my head and cry

"I am a Man of Constant Sorrow" The Soggy Bottom Boys

classic.

1 comment:

  1. First of all-I love the Soggy bottom
    Boys!!! nuff said.

    We are so opposite in our opinions on silence. I have always loved quiet. It's my best de-stresser. I think that's because I'm a hard core introvert. There is a new book out on introversion and the contributions introverts have given the world, whicfh of course, I bought. Haven't read yet but I definitely will.

    So that's my tangent for the day. Sounds like work and school are going well. Be careful you don't overdo it too soon. Strep debilitates more than you think.

    ReplyDelete