I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, March 22, 2012

"I added some garlic for pizazz!"

Okay, have you ever had one of those mornings where you wake up to someone pounding on your door, look at the clock and freak out, check your phone and see missed calls, and think oh crap I'm late for work and Superwoman sent the landlord to make sure I'm not dead?

Anyone?

Anyone?

I think I watch too many crime shows.

Fortunately, when I frantically ran to the door to assure the landlord that I'm not dead I opened the door and found my mother and Oldest Sister who had come to measure my curtains.

Then realized I didn't set an alarm cause I didn't have to go in until 4.

So I'm allowed to sleep until 12:30!! No judgments!! I was up until 4:30 the night before!!

Anyway, people are starting to think I'm dead on here as well. I'm not dead, but Sketch was here so here are some highlights from that past three? four? days:

-Ralph Nader is coming to Nebraska on Monday. I find this highly amusing, but not for political reasons. Basically in high school we took a government course and it was an election year. While everyone was making George Bush campaign posters and slogans we chose Ralph Nader and would shout "Go Green Party!" up and down the halls.

We were nerds.

Not much has changed.

But no I won't be going and shouting that up and down the halls there. I'm working cause I work and then I work some more. And some more.

-Fairly Legal Season One on DVD. I'm intrigued. It's not what I'm used to actually. She was a lawyer at her father's firm then he died and she rethought her life and became a mediator instead. Good cast of characters (including cousin Bobby from Sweet Home Alabama but I still see him as Preston from Can't Hardly Wait "Prestooooon! Yeah I like that guy!") that are semi-3 dimensional so it could turn out okay. I'll give it a 7/10 on the Scale of Awesome for now.

-Sketch coming means rest and relaxation. We're semi-lame. or I am at least. So we watch lots of movies and jam out and all that. Though it probably wasn't the best timing as I had to work all week. Totally forgot to give her the copies of the new Sketch and Edit's and if I post them on here first she will kill me.

-TAB kids fix all. I was freaked out about stuff all day, then we had our repurposing project where we took withdrawn books and turn them into crafts and I was completely relaxed. We talked about many things. One of the crafts was to make an apple out of a book like cut the edges so when you stood it up it would be an 3D apple. So I said we could make some other fruit and turn it into a hat like the Chiquita Banana Lady. And we don't joked about the Chiquita Banana Lady, she means serious business.

So then we said we should put together a vegetable one, but it would smell. I said I'd throw in some "garlic for pizazz!" to add some flair. Maybe scare some creepers off.

-When Oldest Sister is determined to take you dress shopping she will take you dress shopping. No excuses allowed. I got more than one. She did some victory dancing and cheering. Said she'd text mom.

Speaking of, dresses weren't the only thing I got tonight. Opened my mail and got a Choot 'em Lizbet!! Swamp People shirt from Mom I'm stoked!! I'd wear it tomorrow but I can't, wearing my District 12 shirt instead Hunger Games!!

-Going to Hunger Games tomorrow night. Hopefully it won't be totally packed, though I might be disappointed if it isn't. I hope it does well. And I really hope it doesn't suck.

Remember how we're nerds?

Yeah, we're all totally stoked.

-Finished my Booklist and got it published, check this: If You Like the Hunger Games

-Apparently, the requirements for becoming a Tennessee Titans Cheerleader are you must be over 18 and a high school graduate, dance experience is recommended, must be available during all games and my personal favorite you must be available to travel to Florida for annual swimsuit calendar shoot in May, June or July 2012. I love reference.

-They've started the shift at work. Basically they shelved the oversize books from the regular ones because they wouldn't fit on the shelf, so now they're changing the shelves and integrating them in with the regular size books. Which is fantastic because we don't have to lead people to two different places.

and that's that. completely random i'm aware. there are more but at the moment i'm totally blanking.

tune in tomorrow for some hunger games thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's about time! I never could stand having the oversize section separate. That won't be done overnight.

    Dresses? I realized while reading this that I have only 2 and they are OLD!

    Never read Hunger Games so let me know how the movie is.

    ReplyDelete