I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

i'm not clever enough at this point to think of a good title for this post.

This is so weird. I don't take sick days, let alone two in a row. I got a letter from the mayor last year for perfect attendance for crying out loud. This bites.

Okay, so here is my deal.

My new attitude in life is "it's all mental." I blame my high school basketball coach, he used to say it over and over in practice, but I've learned to live by it now.

If I feel like crap I power through and cover for anyone else, But when I have a fever and it's legitimately contageous, that's when I crash and burn.

Yesterday and today have been ridiculous.

Yesterday I was freezing, literally freezing, and had the heat on high.

It drove Carter nuts, he was sitting by the glass doors to stay cool.

Today I was burning up and opened the glass doors to let in the cool air.

I didn't eat anything yesterday - that's how I knew I was actually sick - today I force-fed myself ice-cream cake - how can anyone seriously say they force-fed themselves ice-cream cake? that sounds like an oxymoron - but now I just feel nauseous.

But see, that's my thing though.

Cause I'm nauseous all the time anyway.

So, how can I tell if it's a symptom of whatever the hell I have at this time, or if it's just the regular nausea thing that has turned into daily life?

Like, am I sick and nausea is a part of it? or am I just nauseous AND sick?

Did that make sense?

I don't think it did.

I can't even freakin' sit up at this point in time. I tried to shower but couldn't stand up long enough.

According to my mother I have what's going around the family and it takes a while to get through it. Oh, and she also told me I'm supposed to gargle saltwater - gross, that might legitimately make me throw up - but I passed on that.

So here's the deal for tomorrow.

I'm going to bed IMMEDIATELY after this post. If I wake up tomorrow and I have a fever or I can't stand up for longer than two minutes, as was the problem this morning and afternoon, then I'm going to the doctor. Or having my sister take me there, cause driving probably isn't a good idea.

If there is no fever, and I am able to walk around my apartment and stand for longer than two minutes, then I'm going to work.

I have Friday off, all I need to do is power through 8 hours on Thursday, come home and work on that presentation, and then I can crash for another entire day.

It's all mental, I can do that.

Yesterday I slept pretty much all day, when I wasn't texting the boyfriend or my mother. Today I spent on the couch, working through the DVR. Yeah. Too exhausted to even get up to put in a DVD. But I got through Castle, NCIS, The Voice, oohh, I forgot about Bones. Oh well, I'll save it for later.

Right now I am out. For like 11 hours, hopefully. Whenever I sleep I like alternate between being too cold and too hot. And cough up a lung. And Carter sits on me and stares at me - he has decided that if I'm home then I need to pay attention to him.

Or he's just mad I stole his spot.

Afterall, it is HIS apartment, I just stay here.

Or that's what he thinks at least.

Guess it depends on tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I'm out.

1 comment:

  1. Gee whiz! I think everybody at the library is sick, if I'm to believe Facebook. I remember I used to get sick alot when I was working. You need to stay home till you feel well all over. Going to work sick doesn't help anybody. (DoI sound like your mother?)

    I donated blood yesterday and had the freezing thing but I'm fine today. Hopefully, I can go to the jazz concert with Vaunceil on friday.

    Take care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete