I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, February 25, 2012

"What's grad school? Is that like college for old people?"

a kid so lovingly asked me yesterday at the tournament.

No son, that's like school for crazy people.

Cause we go back voluntarily.

So there's gotta be something going on in our headspace.

Especially when it involves getting together with classmates and working on homework until 1AM.

But we're halfway there! I'm gonna pick up takeout and we'll finish tomorrow night after work.

Which is good, as it's due tomorrow night.

Then we'll be done for another couple days. Before we have other assignments to move on to.

Like presentations.

Should start on that, huh?

Eh, I've got a week to come up with something.

It's only like a 3 minute speech, I'll come up with a powerpoint and wing it. But that's for a later date.

Today was pretty good. I got to jam all day with Space Cadet!

Remember how we have random debates and pick up useless information?

Famous debates include:
-Who would win in a fight, a sea cow or a snow leopard? My Life in Closed Captions: I guess I'll go on home, it's late. There'll be to...

-the volume level of my headphones, also in the above post,

-and of course my hair color was always subject to debate. My Life in Closed Captions: To dye, or not to dye? That is the question.

My favorite useless information so far is probably that in 1865, in the war between Uruguay and Brazil, one of Uruguay's ships ran out of cannon balls so they fired chunks of stale Dutch cheese out of the cannons. One of them dismasted an enemy ship and killed two sailors.

Add these to the list:

-Giant panda bears are actually considered to be part of the raccoon family, not the bear family.

-During WW2 the US Air Force captured millions of bats, and planned to make them carry tiny bombs, fly into buildings and explode. But the war ended before that could happen.

-A pound of feathers actually weighs more than a pound of gold, but it has something to do with how much is in a pound - they have different measurement units.

-"July" was named after Julius Caesar by Mark Antony.

-Lewis P. Toppel invented a coughing cigarette box back in 1972 so that when you opened the pack a hacking noise came out to defer people from smoking.


There are more, but I'll spare you.

We are truly Sleep-Deprived Space Cadets.

AND NOW people can officially say we're not the brightest bulbs in the bunch cause it took us until about 1PM to realize, "hey, it's kinda dark in here."

Yep. Two banks of lights directly above the desk were out half the day.

Brilliance at work there, but nobody noticed.

It didn't affect them anyway, it was just above the desk.

We pulled it off. Though she turned it on shortly after. No fun.

Quote of the night:

Sketch: "Is lesson planning while drinking wrong?"
Edit: "Depends on what you're planning. Religion yes, art no."
Sketch: "Are you saying my art looks like I've been drinking? ... Jesus MADE the booze at the party!"


Clips of the night:

So, on shuffle tonight I got hit with "Bye Bye Bye" by N'Sync and all I could think of was this.

2009 Jabbawockeez at halftime of CIT

ah, college memories. that was my english partner.

CIT as in Concordia Invitational Tournament - basketball - and they had a talent show to determine who would compete during the halftime of the championship game.

The baseball boys got beat out by these guys:

2009 CUNE football team dancing to Womanizer and Single Ladies

i especially like number 4, he gets pretty into it.

And I'm out. Big day tomorrow - sleep then work then homework tomorrow. Plus I'm totally missing Grams' birthday party, though technically her birthday isn't until the 28th. I'll stop by then.

It was amusing, I was there last year on her birthday - it was myself, the Cool Aunt, Kyle and Grams. The Cool Aunt has some serious cake-cutting skills, even if they don't involve straight lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment