I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, February 13, 2012

Does your mother know?

Just another Manic Monday.

Though I was fairly productive, made more progress on the First Aid Crusade, now I just have to order what's missing.

Stocked more of my Spunky Old Ladies Month display. It's highly amusing because everytime I come back to work more people have added to it. It's nice that they actually are excited about this one. Not that they aren't for my others in the past, but this one is unique.

But next time I'm going to have to top it, and that's gonna take some work.

So, tomorrow.

Valentine's Day.

We've figured out that we're not big Valentine's Day people cause we never really have someone to celebrate it with.

This year will be different.

Aaannd since it's my choice....

No idea.

I was totally stumped.

So I asked the master of all wisdom.

Wordie.

"What would you want to do for Valentine's Day if you were a 24 year old guy?"
"Go to a movie."
"We do that all the time."
"Then stay in and make dinner and watch a movie."

Interesting.

Though neither of us can cook.

So therein lies the fun.

It's a challenge.

Cause I like my apartment and don't want it burnt to a crisp.

But I'll have an easy recipe, we just need to buy ingredients and all that.

Anyway, since it's my turn - cause we're incredibly indecisive and somebody needs to step up or we're doomed from the start - I say make dinner and watch a movie.

Star Wars Episode Two, since we just watched the first one on Sunday.

Yes, he'll probably curse me for it as it is what he calls the "romantic one" but isn't that what Valentine's Day is about?

And. If he doesn't like it. He can fix it next week. Cause then it will be his turn.

Take that.

Moving on.

Music Rec's

"Does Your Mother Know" ABBA


oh my god, this is going to drive me nuts. There's an actress, she's blonde, she was in one of my shows - there are so many of them that i have no idea which one - but she looks exactly like Agnetha Fältskog, exact replica of her in the video.

This is gonna drive me nuts.

I think it was NCIS.

I feel like it was NCIS. I don't think it was Grey's. or Criminal Minds. Gotta be NCIS or Castle. Not Chuck.

She was married. Maybe. Or not.

I don't remember, what I do remember is that she was completely straight-laced career driven chick but she was ticked off about something.

Like I said, gonna drive me nuts.

Any help here would be hot.

Back to the song, you could also go with this version: Christine Baranski in Mamma Mia the hungarian makes me laugh. Probably the most amusing moment of the movie. But Christine Baranski is just fantastic in everything. Chicago, Cybil - which actually led to her being cast for this part, they actually based her character in this movie on her character from Cybil.

Quote of the day:

Me: "No, it's a drunk/sober thing."
I can't tell you what it means or why it was said, but I like it so I'm posting it.

You know, sometimes I forget that people actually read this thing. Then when I go to tell a story and they already know all about it, it totally throws me off.

A girl has to have some secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment