I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, February 16, 2012

and my fingers are bejeweled with diamonds and gold, but that ain't gonna help me now.

Apparently 24 is not old.

That's what I was told today.

I'm aware it's not THAT old.

But for me, it's old...er...than I am now.

Or it is for the next few days at least.

And I'm starting to feel it.

Or maybe that's cause I'm still sick.

With whatever it is you want to call it.

My annual nausea-laden era.

This whole nauseous all the time thing sucks. Isn't three months enough? WHY CAN'T YOU GO AWAY?!

And don't tell me it's morning sickness.

I will kick your butt.

That's what the doctor said like 4 years ago.

And there have been no children.

So HA!

Just more nausea. Every year. Same time.

This is getting old fast.

And with it so am I.

Well, with that and grad school.

The chick got back to me today - after I called her and re-sent the e-mail from two different accounts.

She got them both.

This time.

And got back to me, so that's awesome.

What's not awesome is that now I have to write the paper, that I was so gladly putting off because she had yet to get back to me.

Now it's inevitable.

And I really need to finish it.

I started out tonight with such great intentions, really. Got all my stuff out, made supper, turned on some TV to watch while I ate.

THEN Carter fell asleep on my lap.

And you know, how can I disturb that?

So I kept watching, cause he was cute and cuddly and you know, not biting me.

Then I kept watching some more, but it was good cause now I'm finally caught up on NCIS.

Dude?! That 200th episode? I screamed on so many occasions that I'm surprised my neighbors didn't bust in! Freakin' Kate and Jenny, Fornell just made me laugh, and of course Franks, but Ari?!?! Dude. I wanted Gibbs to punch him.

I do have to question the whole Tony and Kate angle though, I thought they were more siblings and she was into Gibbs. Or that's how it seemed the first season.

I'm really curious how they filmed that as she doesn't look like Kate anymore with the blonde highlights. Medical Examiner in Boston. Or if they filmed it at all, technically that's the same outfit she wore in the plague episode. Did I mention I was a fan? Hmmm...

Then the most recent episode with the return of the elusive Wendy. I'm intrigued.

What was I saying?

Oh right, yes I wanted to be productive and I tried really hard, but then my cat fell asleep on me and it all went to crap.

Sorry.

I'll finish it tomorrow. I'm only 12-6, plus some minor errands.

Saturday is the Barnes and Noble Paperback Buy with the TAB kids, that should be interesting, but other than that I have the whole day so if it's not done by Friday night it'll be done by Saturday night. And posted by at least Sunday as that's a full-fledge day of family fun.

Or at least half-day, I still have no idea what or if we're doing anything for my birthday.

It's not a big deal as I don't really celebrate them, so I'm not gonna plan anything.

Just go with the flow, see if anyone wants to do anything on Monday. Since I have it OFF!

I love City Holidays, they rock.

Okay, songs for the night:

"Somebody to Love" Jefferson Airplane


i'm sorry, is she singing into a plug?

"Trouble" Pink

oh my god, jeremy renner in eye makeup. before he hit it big-time, that's nice.

"Big Girls Don't Cry" Franki Valli and the Four Seasons

i wonder why. especially with those moves and that unnaturally high voice.

What else before I crash and burn...

Today was good, Slim Shady took me out for lunch for my birthday. Jammed out there for a while. Was a good changeup from my usual soup and sandwich.

Worked on some Summer Reading Event stuff after that, plus I'm still working on my Hunger Games Read-Alike, if you have titles send them my way.

Though I have like 40. I'm weeding through and only keeping the good ones.

And the Spunky Old Ladies display is still rocking it on first floor. I'm quite proud of that one actually.

Alright, fading fast. Carter and I are out!

1 comment:

  1. OK, so much to respond to. First of all, I love your new hot couple picture. He's cute! As to nausea, have you ever thought of seeing a gastroenterologist? You see, when you're really old, as am I, you get all motherly like that and you find yourself giving motherly advice to everyone. Weird. Next, I was in the library on Wed. and saw the display-good job!
    And lastly, never disturb a sleeping cat especially if he's on your lap.

    ReplyDelete