I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, February 11, 2012

"I was in an ice cream haze and I couldn't see!"

New strategy for stealing the check from the Cool Aunt.

Feed her ice cream and hide her glasses.

It worked!

But only cause Mom made me do it, long story.

Today rocked.

Slept in, woke up around eleven, jammed out with cat and watched Chuck.

Then headed over to get some jalapeno margaritas!! with the Cool Aunt and my mom.

Since it was my birthday - well, it's almost my birthday - we got fried ice cream for desert, it was fantastic and I highly recommend it.

And I got another duck, I'm STOKED!!

See, this is why I love the Cool Aunt, well not the only reason I love the Cool Aunt, cause you know she's cool, but sometimes she buys me presents for random reasons and I find it highly entertaining.

I get my winter hats from her, "The man they call Jayne" hat last year, plus my new "tundra" hat. Then, ever since high school graduation I've been getting rubber ducks. They're all over my apartment and car. It's highly amusing. And who could forget the fun socks? Cause really, how can one live in life without fun socks.

Regular socks are boring.

In addition to my duck and socks and lots of candy I got some Husker shirts - cause you can never have enough Husker shirts, I decided that last week when I cleaned out my closet - and then Mom got me some fun socks and clothes as well.

Plus she bought lunch. And brought me soup. And took my tax stuff. So she rocks.

After the awesomeness that was fajitas and jalapeno margaritas, I headed back and freakin' cleaned my apartment.

See, there's a difference between cleaning your apartment and freakin' cleaning your apartment.

Cleaning your apartment involves throwing things in your closet so that they're not visible.

Freakin' cleaning your apartment involves brooms, mops, and dustrags.

Did the whole thing, bathroom and kitchen included.

Now it's all bright and shiny.

Though I need more lightbulbs, cause apparently they've all decided to die at once.

Which I guess makes some sort of sense as I installed them all at the same time originally.

Anyway, so the apartment is clean!! Except, for the freakin' foosball table. You know why the foosball table isn't clean? Cause there's freakin' curtains on it!

I've decided that that's what I want for my birthday.

Someone to hang up the curtains that have been sitting on the foosball table for months. They've been there so long that I don't even remember how long ago I got them.

The bedroom ones are up, it's just the living room ones we had problems with as they didn't fit over the blinds. Now they should. Or I think they should, but perhaps not. Who knows? I don't, clearly, as they are still sitting on my foosball table.

Aaannd rant over. Moving on.

Class tomorrow so I should pack before I'm lights out. Gonna turn on some Chuck and konk out.

I love Chuck. There's actual character depth, you know? It's not just all about the action and explosions and all that. It's funny and you get real live characters. Plus Adam Baldwin. Granted Sarah is probably my favorite as she is badass, plus Chuck is you know, normal. But Casey seriously just makes me laugh. Adam Baldwin is quickly rising to the top of my hilarious badass actors.

Speaking of the man they call Jayne,

Song of the night:

"The Hero of Canton" Adam Baldwin

that's my hat. except mine is black with colors, instead of orange.

If you haven't seen Firefly you're really missing out. Space Cowboys and Nathan Fillion, how can you go wrong? This is where Adam Baldwin really shines, too funny. He plays the muscle - similar to his character on Chuck - and he's highly amusing too. Plus he has great shirts - of which I own half - and an awesome hat.

The show was great, but of course short-lived, as most of the great ones are. Yet there was such a big protest when it went off the air that a movie was made a few years later and the cult following still continues.


"this landing is gonna get pretty interesting."
"define interesting."
"oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die?"

plus Castle references it all the time.

And she's off! To watch Adam Baldwin kick some rogue-spy butt.

No comments:

Post a Comment