I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, February 4, 2012

"Would it help if I got out and pushed?"

Shameless Star Wars reference.

But I did.

Guess how many cars left the parking lot this morning.

Zero.

Guess how many attempted.

One.

Guess who was around when that happened.

Me.

Great way to meet the neighbors.

One chick gets stuck trying to get out, another chick waits for her to get unstuck cause she's blocked in.

Then she decided to stay so she wanted to go back to where she was parked before.

Basically I pushed and she hit the accelerator, and when that didn't work after about ten minutes we MacGyver'd it. Used the floor mats as traction, AND IT WORKED!

So take that!

But yeah, after that neither of them ended up going to work anyway!

Oh well, it was amusing.

My car was buried.

And they plowed the snow right behind our cars, so there was no way out.

I was split shift, Superwoman said stay home, but I was gonna try to go to the home branch in the afternoon.

But then they lost power.

So, nevermind.

Guess what I spent my day off doing?

Working on my to-do-list.

Shocker, right?!

Added to the group MARC records that I've been putting off, printed off all the material I need to read, read the chapter, took some notes, scanned ALL of my camp songs and uploaded them...now I just need to format them.

Yeah, PS-my new scanner rocks.

Seriously.

But you have no idea how many freaking songs are in that book.

Plus there are more that I don't have and Liz does.

Or I probably have them somewhere buried in my camp stuff.

Which is like tubs worth of stuff.

So those are uploaded - and I've been putting that off since August.

I did laundry and dishes...

What else?

Oh yeah, so ever since that whole pushing the car thing this morning I had the line "Would it help if I got out and pushed?" stuck in my head. Carrie Fisher's voice and all.

So I watched the original trilogy.

In the background, while I was scanning all that music, but it was fantastic as ever.

Though there were a lot more "search your feelings" remarks than I remembered.

Now I've moved on to The Replacements.

"Kick ass, Falco!"

I forgot how good the soundtrack was. Gonna have to look for that on iTunes.

Just got a call from my brother-in-law, he dug out my car for me.

Awww, I love my family. They rock. Though I'm pretty sure my mom asked him to do it.

And yeah, that was my day.

"Cold As Ice" Foreigner

sorry, it was either this or Let It Snow and as more snow is probably a bad idea...

and just because I can

"Don't Bring Me Down" Electric Light Orchestra

i'll tell you once more before i get off the floor, don't bring me down.

Tomorrow I'm totally going to work, don't care about the weather. Cause if I get stuck here again I might go crazy.

It's like, if I'm not sick, and I don't go to work, then I need to be doing something productive.

You know?

I just felt bad cause I couldn't get there.

But I did make a lot of progress on projects I've been putting off.

Next up, prepare for the interview on Monday.

It's a technical services kind of interview for class, where we go through the whole cataloging process with someone who does it for a living. I'm heading to the commission, figured they know what they're doing - cause I'm not supposed to interview someone I work with.

But they gave us a rubric so I won't be completely lost on what to ask...hopefully.

Anyway, I'm gonna crash.

I didn't nap the entire day.

Holy toast, right?

It's okay. Carter made up for me.

Wonder if that's his routine on a regular basis.

Probably.

But at least he's not tearing apart my apartment.

"I Will Survive" The Replacements

love the behind the scenes thoughts on that.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading Facebook posts about people being plowed in, stuck, and buried by snow and I was totally glad I could just stay home and watch it through my window. We have a snow removal service that digs our cars out-we have to clean off the car but at least we can get to it. I went out mid-day and removed the first half ton so it wouldn't be such a big job later on.

    I cannot believe that the library didn't cancel services. At South, we rarely had customers on real snowy days and it is downright dangerous for staff to get out. I have a mechanical knee to prove that point. By the way, did I tell you that the City has decided to settle my case? That means no court and I still get money to cover my expenses. 'Bout time.

    Anyway, you be careful out there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i'm betting you're loving retirement even more when you get to stay in and not worry about crazy drivers on snow or getting stuck.

      i'm jealous.

      Delete