I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

All the songs make sense.

If you watch Castle then you get that reference.

If not...you'll figure it out.

So, the boy who doesn't do Valentine's or flowers turned me into a complete girl today in front of my coworkers.

Was in the back room, working on the First Aid Crusade, when Fearless Leader walks into the room with flowers. I move, so she can get passed me, thinking they were for Girlscout or somebody, and she just keeps looking at me.

The boyfriend sent me flowers.

Nice flowers.

Very nice flowers.

At work.

And apparently I turned completely red, which they highly enjoyed because I don't do that often.

Or ever.

In front of them.

Cause, you know, I'm just the goofy kid of the bunch, that they turn to if they're looking for a movie reference or a song is stuck in their head and they don't know what it is.

Or when there's a computer problem and instead of calling down to our very capable tech people, Big Brother calls me College and asks me to fix it.

Which I do.

So it's okay, but still amusing.

Anyway, so yes, flowers at work. He's turning me into a girl. First spiders and now this. I'm sure Amos would love this.

After work I called Favorite Sister-In-Law as she had computer questions, see this apparently is supposed to be my area, and I said we'd figure it out this weekend.

This weekend will be awesome, not only because it's my birthday - which I don't like massively massively celebrate, kinda like how I don't celebrate Valentine's but still show up with candy and Fearless Leader said I looked like a giddy kid, which I did cause Fun Dip rocks! And yeah!

Okay, I know that I'm young, but I'm not that young. How do people not know what Fun Dip is? It originated in like the '40s, of course it went by a different name, but still, it existed! And people ate it!

So then today I give them to people my age and they were stoked! Saying they haven't had it in years, and then anyone over 30 was like, what the?

SERIOUSLY?!

Okay. Now I'm feeling young.

Which is good.

Cause next week I'll be feeling old.

Old - Oh right, I was mid-statement, sorry. Got caught up in a sugar high apparently.

So, not only is this weekend my birthday, but also my newest niece Tessa Jo is getting baptized. Which means lots of fun family stuff so I'm stoked.

Still have no idea what I'm doing for the birthday or any of that. I'm assuming we'll do some sort of thing at some point. Since I'm with family on Sunday I could jam with friends on Monday. Cause we're closed. Three day weekend, woohoo!

But I can't focus on that. Cause first I gotta finish that tech-services paper. Though I can't really do that until the chick gets back to me.

So that's my procrastination excuse, she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

So I can't write the paper until she gets back to me.

See, if I repeat it enough times I forget that I could actually start with the stuff I already know and then fill in the rest when she sends it to me.

Then I would actually be semi-done and not so freaked about it.

But that's this week.

That paper and editing.

And then Saturday is the Barnes and Noble Buy where we take the teens to pick out books they want in the collection. That should be fun.

So, the joy of tonight - well and today - was that Slim Shady brought me this recipe for this easy meal, and she taped it to my locker.

Guess where it is now?

Still taped to my locker.

BUT! I have this awesome app on my ipod about How To Cook Everything and yep, found something on Lemon Chicken and Noodles. So I got all the stuff and by the time I made it back to my apartment - the bag boy dropped my cheesecake thing so he had to go get me another and then we didn't get to it anyway - the boyfriend was already here.

He did the majority of the work on the meal, but he did used to work in fast food so he had the advantage.

And I use that term loosely, neither of us are so great, but he did pretty well.

And it turned out pretty good, and edible, and my apartment is still standing, and nothing got burnt. It's exciting!

All-in-all I'd call it a win.

Plus he didn't give me crap about Star Wars Episode Two being the "romantic one" which it is, but didn't exactly dawn on me until he said it.

So now it's back to me and Carter, and I'm exhausted.

Long day today and another one tomorrow.

"Americano" Lady Gaga

sometimes i worry that my boyfriend is a bigger fan of lady gaga than i am.

like how he sings it when he cooks.

just saying.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday in case I forget!!!

    OK, what is Fun dip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!
      it used to be called "lik-a-maid" or something like that.
      it's sugar in a pouch and you eat it with a stick.
      it's fantastic.

      Delete
  2. Oooooo! Can we say dental bills boys and girls?

    ReplyDelete