I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, February 12, 2012

And you, young Skywalker, we shall watch your career with great interest.

I'm starting to worry about my cat's affections.

As of lately, he seems to like the boyfriend more than me.

For instance, the boyfriend and I went to see Star Wars Episode One in 3D tonight, then came back here, where he laid on him, who was laying on the couch.

Physically laid on him.

Didn't even acknowledge me.

After he left Carter came and sat by me.

It's like settling for second best or something.

Granted he still sleeps on top of me, so I have the edge there.

But seriously, starting to worry he will be the favorite.

Which is not cool, when I'm the one feeding him, and cleaning up after him, paying for him to be shaved.

Mom - or Grandma as I call her when she comes to visit, she just loves that let me tell you being a grandma to a cat - says he looks fatter now that he's shaved.

Which he doesn't.

Yes, he's fat, but without the fur he's lost like ten pounds.

I think he knows I'm writing about him.

He's giving me weird looks.

Saying he likes the boyfriend better than me. The boyfriend doesn't write about him on a blog.

Speaking of the boyfriend, so yes we saw Star Wars in 3D and it was fantastic.



The sad thing about me though is that I've seen that movie so many times that I could almost quote it start to finish - not quite as bad as the mummy or returns since i can quote them without turning on the TV. Anyway, I haven't seen the first one in literally years so it was awesome seeing it on the big screen. The 3D was super cool, made all the effects even bigger.

Though I was surprised cause there was barely anyone in the theater.

Oh well, more for me.

Stoked for the second one.

He is not.

He says it's the "romantic one".

Just for that I'll make him watch it on Valentine's.

We discussed that as well. What are you expected to do on Valentine's if you've just started dating? We'll figure it out.

Apparently it's my job to come up with something. We're both so horribly indecisive that it's almost a battle.

Fine.

I'll think of something.

I guess I owe him anyway.

He kills spiders for me.

Which is ridiculous.

Apparently the second I get a boyfriend I turn into a total girl.

As I was cleaning I ran into a spider's nest thing and I didn't want to like grab it and anger them. Then I was gonna vacuum it, but my vacuum isn't very good and I didn't want to wake up to a bunch of ticked off spiders.

So he got rid of it.

My hero.

Now it's time for some more Chuck.

Though I'm tempted to turn on SW Episode 2 - cause you know you have to watch them in order. One New Years or Christmas or whatever the heck it was, I'm pretty sure it was New Years, P Squared and I watched all of them (that were out), but this is back when the second was just released in the theaters. We started with 4 then 5 then 6 and started over with 1 and saw 2 in the theater. It rocked.

We usually stick with series on New Years. Bourne. Pirates. Hot in Cleveland.

Where was I? Oh right, Chuck. Yeah, I'm mid-season two which of course is when all my DVD holds are coming in at work - cause everything arrives at one time. That's what you learn, even if you put holds on completely different items at completely different times. They will all come in at once.

Chuck.

Right.

So yeah, heading back to Chuck for the night. Long day tomorrow.

Today was actually pretty good. Though I've learned that during class I seem to understand everything, but the second I get to my apartment and start the homework it's like wait what? Why was that a 0 and not a 1 again?

Apparently, cataloging is a lot like scrapbooking.

Or that's what the boyfriend says jokingly.

No.

Cataloging is nothing like scrapbooking.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with scrapbooking.

Cataloging is data and code and patterns. Scrapbooking is fancy paper with pictures and graphics. Scrapbooking is much prettier than the string of code you have to plug in to create an entry in a catalog.

Though I'm sure to some people that's beautiful as well.

Not me.

But perhaps one day I'll get there.

When I do, someone please cut me off.

"Give Me One Reason" Tracy Chapman

it appears to be a night of old favorites. though this one has yet to leave my system. right up there with aaliyah's "are you that somebody" and almost anything from RENT.


Alright, Carter and I are out for the night. Have a good one.

"and there ain't no more to say"

No comments:

Post a Comment