I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, April 14, 2012

hey baby won't you look my way, i can be your new addiction...

So you can add tornado warnings to the ever-growing list of awkward situations in which I've met my neighbors.

Spent some time in the basement.

With the cool kids.

And there was a cat.

And it was cool too.

More calm than mine, I left him in my apartment.

Does that make me a bad mother?

Leaving my cat in my apartment when there's a tornado warning?

I would have taken him if it was serious, but it was north of town so I figured it was okay.

Anyway, I'm back now and watching Morning Glory. For some weird reason I had an urge to watch it. Perhaps it's because I've spent the last hour watching the news. Weather-central.

Morning Glory.

Fantastic movie.

Diane Keaton, Harrison Ford, Rachel McAdams.

Awful morning news show that she turns around, it's quite funny.

Uh-oh. Sirens.

Police ones this time, not the storm ones. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they came back.

Get to spend more time in the basement with the cool kids.

But for now I'll keep watching "at least we're not Daybreak"

Today was good, slept in woohoo!

Went to the volunteer banquet, got lost along the way so I had to call Superwoman,

"are you driving a red car?"
"yes"
"do you see me waving?"
"yes"
"good then you found it, i'm going inside"

It was pouring.

It was crappy weather all day.

Hence the basement dwelling.

But the volunteer thing went off without a hitch. And they had really great snacks. Catered man. They rocked.

And I got to jam with my coworkers from other branches. And heard what's in store for me this upcoming year for grad school. Basically no sleep or free time whatsoever. Should be fun.

Fantastic.

Hm.

I'll figure it out.

Anyway, lots and lots and lots of volunteers all in one place at one time so it was mass hysteria, but good mass hysteria.

Cause sometimes mass hysteria can be good, right?

Basically a bunch of library volunteers gathered at this recreation center and were honored and got free stuff and free food and speeches were made, BossLady made one of them, she was a "speech-er" and got to hold a giant check. Squirt and I took a picture with it, it was mildly exciting.

So weird seeing Harrison Ford as this old news anchor dude. Just watched Star Wars the original trilogy so it's amusing to see how he's aged, but still his characters remain the same. Arrogant, wise-ass, scoundral types, but it works well for him.

Alright, think I'm gonna grab a snack and then crash.

Guessing the storms are passed as it's been an hour and no sirens. Well, weather ones anyway.

So, I'm out. But I'll leave you with some good music. And yeah. That's all I got.

"Everybody Talks" Neon Trees

diggin' the drive-in dive.

i absolutely love these guys. "animal" was great, but the rest of the album was really catchy as well, had to buy it off itunes.
plus their christmas song, first new original christmas song that i can actually stand!! like, artists these days try too hard trying to write ones they think will become classics and just fail epically, you know? but this one, is just simply fantastic. and classic. go here: I just want you, oh darling, I just want you...

or just check it out here:

yes, christmas in april.

just go with it.

"Wish List" Neon Trees

i still love it. and am jamming to it. in april.

i'm a nerd. get used to it.

OUT!



More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment