I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, April 22, 2012

"For a few to be immortal many must die."

Have you ever had one of those feelings where you're running cause you’re late,
Well you're not really running it's more like jogging,

 But it feels like running,

And the air that fills your lungs is so cold that it makes you feel like you're going to throw up, pass out and/or have some sort of asthma attack?

But of course you can't throw up, pass out, and/or have some sort of asthma attack because you're in class.

And you have to present your final project.

So that would make things really awkward.

Especially for the pregnant teacher in the back row.

So you make it all the way through class,

Present your project in under the maximum time limit,

Jam with your friends for one last time before the summer,

Then make it back home to watch a couple movies you have checked out and THEN end up throwing up for an entirely unrelated reason?

Anyone?

Just me?

Thought so.

It’s just been one of those days, I feel like crap but I took a shower so I’m good.

I mean, I should be celebrating! I’m done! Until June! Woohoo! Huzzah! Much excitement, yeah!

And I ran into the Library Goddess and her current grad assistant in the process.

PS – the current grad assistant, completely professional and capable of great things, her next one? aka me? Not so promising. But I’ll do my best.

Anyway, Woohoo! Huzzah! Done until June! So, in way of celebrating, and also to thin the pile currently sitting on top of the cabinet, I watched “In Time” and “My Future Boyfriend”.

Polar opposites, not only in storyline, genre, and special effects, but also in likeability on the Scale of Awesome.

“In Time” starring Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried, is about a world in which time is the only currency. Once you turn 25 your clock starts running. You have to work to earn more time or you’re dead.

Oh yeah, and it has BBT's Leonard in it as the best friend and Number Four's John Smith as the gangster bad guy around the block.

It’s not like I had the greatest hopes going into it, and dude, about halfway through I about turned the thing off and gave up.

But then Amanda Seyfried shot a cop so I figured I’d have to give it a chance. Cause I like her. Mean Girls all the way!

“Boo, you whore”

Anyway, the second it was over all I could think of was, “Well, that was dumb.” And was forced to put in a comedy to get the whole dystopian theme out of my head.

So I ended up with “My Future Boyfriend” Barry Watson and Sara Rue. Two of my favorite under-rated actors. And the movie was fantastic, as opposed to the tragic blah listed above.


Basically, Barry Watson’s character is an archeologist from the future, he finds a book written by Sara Rue and goes back in time to ask her about some of the concepts included in it, aka love, passion, etc. Did I forget to mention that there are no real emotions in the future?

But it’s a comedy so he comes back, everyone thinks he’s crazy, she works for a paper very similar to the National Enquirer so she interviews him for an article believing this whole time he’s full of crap – as is everybody else – and in the mean time is engaged to this other dude.

But like any romantic comedy, they fall in love and it’s total chaos.

Scale of Awesome says 9/10, made me laugh, made me cry, makes me want to buy it and watch it again which is more than I can say for the whatever you want to call it listed above.

That one I give a 3/10 and that’s purely for the fact that Amanda Seyfried is in it. I gave it a chance, but dude, unless you want to watch Justin Timberlake attempt to be some badass from the dystopian ghetto then skip it man, skip it.

I really did give it a chance, I did, sort of, but then Matt Bomer started acting all serious while JT was acting all fake badass and I couldn’t do it.

The title quote of this post is really all I'm taking away from it.

Quotes of the day:

Me: "But I do drink green tea and have a fat cat so that counts for something." carpool buddy and me talking about librarian stereotypes and how I really don't fit.

CB: "What kind of idiot smokes a pipe while someone's trying to play a wind instrument?!" fun times at flute practice

Alright, tomorrow is a full-day to make up for my weekend “off” so I’m out.

Will probably throw My Future Boyfriend back in and konk out.

"Love Song" Adele

favorite new version

No comments:

Post a Comment