I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, April 2, 2012

Don't wake up in a road side ditch.

Things I learned today:

-In Duluth, Minnesota it is illegal to allow animals to sleep in a bakery.

-In Idaho, you may not fish on a camel's back.

-All of the earth's continents are wider at the north than in the south - and nobody knows why.

-A group of frogs is called an army.

-90% of women who walk into a department store immediately turn to the right.


(those may be complete crap, just FYI)

-No matter how well-planned out things may seem, they can still go sideways.

The last one was especially true for today. They've finished the majority of the painting which means that books go back on the wall along the outside - or the car manuals at least cause that's their new permanent location.

When they took them down they attempted to keep them in order on the shelves and then line up the shelves so that it would be easier to put them back up....but the plan failed a bit.

Mostly because the lines they were put in were a bit out of order. But whatever, two hours later they were fixed and up.

The movers were seriously impressive, the Awesome Aide and I sat back and watched as these muscle-bound guys picked up the shelves with the books still on them and carried them around the room, then lifted them over their head and installed them.

And these are heavy books.

Dude.

Anyway, as well-planned as it was, since they weren't putting them back in the same section as they took them down it turned into a bit of a mess.

But we got it.

One of the dudes said if something goes wrong they'd have my back.

So Chet's Moving Service has got my back.

Made me feel special, haha.

But there was a lot of re-shelving things and organizing today which made me realize all this new supplies stuff I need to order, blah. I'm behind, but that'll be my goal for tomorrow: order conquer, tape, baskets, batteries....there was more but I'm blanking. Good thing I wrote it down.

Aside from the constant running all over the place was the constant heat which didn't help things but we're in Nebraska so we're used to it, anyway we found ways to distract ourselves, talking about the big game and our favorite commercials which is a frequent topic between myself and The New Guy.

Here are some of our favorites:

Make 7-Up Yours!

i love orlando jones and this is fantastic.

Don't Wake Up in a Road Side Ditch

"when people think you're tough people want to see how tough..."
it's just so random!!! i love it! and all the other variations, but this is the best.

Darth Vader and a Volkswagen

love it.

ALL ABOARD!!!! The 5G Train!

"i dunno, kinda looks like a girl"

That's Brisk, Baby!

too funny.

okay, there's no way i can not post these.

I want a Golden Darthy!!

"...well that blows..."

That kid's got game

"and the babes start snickerdoodling and then you go on lots of dates!"

gonna have to show those to my brother, fantastic.

Song of the night:

Because Jordis is in my top 5 for The Voice and she rocked it tonight, here's her blind audition

"Maybe I'm Amazed" Jordis Unga

dig it.

No comments:

Post a Comment