I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day Off = Homework + Immortals + War Horse + Necessary Roughness

So this is what a day off feels like.
Huh.

Though it wasn't much of a day off.

Since I put off my homework, no surprise there.

But I did at least start it last night.

Then looked at the clock and said, past midnight, eh, I'll do it tomorrow.

So I watched Just Shoot Me instead.

Then slept in, fantastic by the way, and woke up and finished it all.

EVERYTHING!

Done for the freakin' semester.

Well, aside from class tomorrow. But the homework's done, now I just need to present it.

Then I'll be done.

Til June!

Woohoo!

Celebration mode.

So I watched some fun and exciting stuff.

Cause I have lots of fun and exciting stuff checked out.

Such as:

The Immortals.

I could take it or leave it.

I mean, it was good, loved the mythology aspect of it cause I'm an ancients nut like that, but the storyline was a little eh.

The special effects however, the staging, and the colors used during the battles oh my god fantastic. Like I literally rewound and played a bunch of stuff over. There's this one huge battle scene between the Titans and the Gods where the Titans are all in gray, the building is all in like tan and the Gods are in pure gold and those are the only colors. Well, aside from the bloodshed. Seriously cool.

Anyway, Scale of Awesome says 6/10 because of the storyline. There were a lot of times where I was like, what?

And if you didn't know who the characters already were you were totally clueless, like they never introduced who half the gods were, they just had different head-dresses and Poseidon had a trident, and then there was this seer who was supposed to stay a virgin but since she was the love interest that didn't stay too long, whatever. It was alright, but not something I want to watch again.

However, next up on my list was War Horse.

Oh my god I totally cried.

Turned into a total girl.

It was fantastic. I mean, not the crying stuff, but the movie as a whole.

Scale of Awesome says 8/10. But so sad that I don't want to watch it again.

Yeah, one of those.

Spoiler Alert, if you don't want to know then don't read it.

It was not the storyline that I was expecting. I expected it to be all about the boy and his horse, but then the horse goes off to war without the boy, and then the horse gets other owners, and I mean the title makes sense now, not that it didn't before, but it just wasn't what I was expecting.

In a good way.

Cause I like that they brought it other owners, gave the story more depth.

8/10 definitely.

But so sad that I probably will not watch it again.

Had to turn on some comedy, I got Necessary Roughness from Target on sale, fantastic.

"Terrence King! I dragged my so-called bony ass out of bed and left my kids home with a tattooed man named Xeno who is probably scaring the crap out of them right now!"

Though totally weirding me out cause it has Max Medina. Maaax Medina. Which would be fine, except in this show he's supposed to be some sort of mysterious badass security dude, but since I see him as a high school teacher it doesn't fit.

Typecast I know. I was in high school, now I do it when I watch things.

But I can't help it the red head from RED and the Go Meat commericals will forever be Natalie the obnoxious whitelighter, Jon Favreau will always be crazy Danny the linebacker, Idina Menzel is still Maureen Johnson, Jane Lynch will forevermore be Sue Sylvester and Max Medina will always be Max Medina no matter how much of a badass Navy Seal he's supposed to be portraying.

Aside from that the show is pretty good. She's a shrink who's hired by a pro football team to un-crazy their wide receiver. He can't catch anything so she hypnotherapies him.

They like her so much they keep her around, I'm on episode three at the moment, in this one the team's owner also owns a racecar driver who has panic attacks.

So far I'm saying 7/10, worth persuing, and if it takes a turn for the worse it gets donated to the library.

"Misery" The Warblers
this video seems to pop-up whenever i'm done with a major assignment, not because i'm in misery but because i envy his throwing of papers in the intro. jealous. cause i'd do it, but then i'd have to clean it up.

Now I'm hungry. Post, Eat, Sleep.

Last class tomorrow!

PS - I hate the new blogger. Behind-the-scenes layout is freakin' me out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! missed you yesterday. I was at BMPl in the morning to do some research on my presentation and to do some lookups for the local gen. society. Got there just in time for the emergency alert system to go off. Apparently some paint fumes set it off. Speaking of paint-who selected the colors they're using? Purple? Really? I am not a big fan of their color scheme at all. And as long as I'm bitching, I didn't like using the microfilm reader/printer upstairs. I had to use the one that had no room for anything like a notebook and there was glare from the window. It was also by the creepy lab. Guess I've become a real customer :-)

    How much longer do you have to go before you finish your library degree? Did you survive ataloging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously? paint fumes set off the alarms?

      that's fantastic.

      yeah, the colors are...interesting, but they're growing on me.

      where was the microfilm previously?

      yes i survived cataloging, total relief! now i'm 4 classes in, only 31 hours to go.

      Delete