I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Will I cry? Will I smile? As you run down the aisle?

Today was good.

They fixed YA.

aka the Young Adult area.

Made it less like a waiting room, expanded it, yet closed it off to the creepers waiting to get into the computer lab...pretty much everything that I asked for so I'm happy.

Gonna take the TAB kids for a detour after the meeting, see what they think. And if they have interest in making posters to deck out the new area.

What else?

I finally caught up with supplies, well the requests at least. They're submitted and everything will get ordered by the end of the week...

Went grocery shopping, put air in my tires, did laundry and dishes...

Ummm...oh, switched out the "teen scenes in green" display for one on National Humor Month.

Which is apparently April.

Had no idea 'til I cruised the Chase book in search of display ideas.

Also didn't realize there are like 5 library-related holidays in the month of April.

There's like National Library Week and then Library Worker day and like School Library Day and Drop Everything and Read Day and then there's another but I'm blanking. I'll check tomorrow.

I love that book.

Chase's holiday calendar - that's how I found out about Spunky Old Broad's month. And that display rocked man.

It's just filled with the most random holidays ever. And they're all documented!

Like April 15th is "Well That Sucks" day.

Yes, I'm completely serious.

Because it's tax day but it's also the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

So everything sucks about that day.

Hence the holiday's title.

There's also a day in April - which again I'm blanking the exact date though I'm sure I could google it - that is Louie Louie Day. Like the song. Apparently it's been covered more than any other rock song in history and there was some mention of it almost becoming the state song for Washington.

Here are some other random tidbits I learned throughout the day:

-If you went out into space you would explode before you suffocated because there's no air pressure.

-Isaac Asimov is the only author to have a book in every Dewey Decimal category.

-In Alabama it is illegal to stab yourself to gain someone's pity.

-The average American will eat 35,000 cookies in a lifetime.
(though probably more in the case of Pete Lattimer)

-All polar bears are left-handed.

-Walt Disney was afraid of mice.

-The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
(though in lincoln that honor would go to either the twilight series or Guide to the Ghosts of Lincoln)

-All 50 states are listed across the top of the Lincoln Memorial on the back of the $5 bill.

-In Florida it is illegal to fish while driving across a bridge.
(um, duh?)

-The first person to go over Niagara falls was Annie Edson-Taylor. She made the trip in a wooden barrel and survived.

-Wine will spoil if exposed to light, that's why the bottles are tinted.


again, these may be complete crap but i found them entertaining.

and yes that was a warehouse reference with lattimer, get over it. i'm still in shock and denial and will remain that way until the season opens and everything is fixed!!


Quote of the Day:
"I love cheese!!"
Fearless Leader's reason for not transitioning from vegetarian to vegan. But she yelled it so it was hilarious.

Reminded me of my I like cheese but I don't like cheese speech. Go here: My Life in Closed Captions: New Shoes, the Cheese Speech, Warped Tour and MXPX...

Song of the night:

"It's All Been Done" Barenaked Ladies


i was thinking about making it Barenaked Ladies Appreciation Week but then realized that if someone didn't know that was the name of a band they may take it horribly horribly wrong.

And I'm out for the night. 9 hours of work tomorrow plus some editing means I'll be completely zonked so I should sleep while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment