I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, April 6, 2012

You say stop and I say go, go, go!

What is it national "let's drive like an idiot" week?

Yesterday almost got smashed into four times by four different people.

Today was more of the same, truck driver swerves on the interstate to pull over in the middle of nowhere plus the guy directly behind me slamming on his breaks.

And then he rides my tail right after it.

Wouldn't you think to like back off if something like that just happened?

To be more cautious?

Whatever.

Fearless Leader might just be an honorary space cadet.

As in the Sleep-Deprived Space Cadets.

Which is me and Space Cadet #1. As in the one who called me dirt. Long story go here: My Life in Closed Captions: What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all ab...

Cause the both of us are very spaced out in the morning, today Fearless Leader and myself were very spacey throughout the day.

But we got the job done and done well so it's okay.

It's just one of those it's Friday and almost the weekend and it's a holiday weekend so you have all these other thoughts on your mind through the day.

Anyway, it was a good day.

Swimming in a sea of estrogen, not a male employee on the floor at all today which was weird. Like apocalypse 25 man.

That's what Slim Shady and I say every time we get to work together.

Which is like never.

I think we're up to 25 as of today and we've been working there for about two years.

Anyway, I got to work with her and Fearless Leader and Girlscout and The New Girl, all of which happen maybe once every couple weeks.

Maybe.

So having a whole day was almost a shock factor.

Maybe that's what made the day feel spacey.

After the spacey stuff I headed out for dinner with the boyfriend.

We were originally going to see Titanic but the theater hours there are weird so we hit up Applebees instead. Good food, and highly amusing because he knows people wherever we go.

The man's a popular dude.

We talked nicknames, swing dancing and his hatred for the song "Wild, Wild West" by Escape Club. Apparently if there is a wedding it will be on the "no play" list.

After dinner we jammed for a while, drove around town then I headed out for the parentals.

Tomorrow means helping the "easter bunny" stuff eggs meanwhile getting my car fixed as there is something up with the tire. And at some point I have a bunch of movies checked out that I should watch - stoked for Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, got both the original with Alec Guinness and the new one as Gary Oldman rocks.

"Hello Goodbye" The Beatles

i'm sorry but in what decade were those clothes fashionable?
makes me wonder if in ten years from now we'll look back and be like "what were they thinking?"
i feel like paul is seducing the camera throughout the song which makes me laugh.
but then i'm like, what's the name of the dude next to him? cause you got paul, john, ringo and...??? i'm sure he went on to do great things but at the moment i'm totally blanking. will have to google it later.

2 comments:

  1. OK, it's George Harrison, the quiet Beatle. I think these outfits are from their Sgt. Pepper period. I remember Nehru jackets etc. Cool at the time but have not held up well. The only fashion I liked from that time period were the flared leg trousers/jeans. I had some from my degenerate youth which my nieces confiscated when they began to be popular again. They look pretty good. Denim lasts forever.

    Spacey? You bet. I was trying to drive to the downtown Birkenstock store today and ended up in the haymarket. Talk about not paying attention to where you're going. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have those moments as well, though it's more on roads that i drive on a regular basis, like i'll zone out and drive to my apartment or work because that's where i'm used to going on them even though i was actually on that road because i was headed somewhere else.

      Delete