I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Camp Season Has Begun

First camp meeting of the year.

Yep, camp season has officially begun.

Tonight Pastor, Jim and myself put together a basically "coming at you" letter that gives them a heads up about the dates and theme and all that. And to watch their mail for upcoming application forms.

Totally intense man, worked for like five minutes and then we got stuck cause my computer's not hooked up to the copier but Pastor's is but Pastor was gone at the moment so I ended up drawing random pictures of the board for Homey G-Wigger for when she gets back. Basically I drew all of 2G aka Blackstone - pastor - Dash Riprock - Jim - Homey G Wigger and then Choot 'em Lizbet - me. And we're all posing as normal so pastor and G wigger are golfing normal though I should hvae drawn her driving like a maniac. Jim lost his ball in the tree and is whacking the tree with the club and I'm on the ground next to the golf cart cause she's thrown me out of it two years running.

Anyway, camp, right.

We're going with "The Ultimate Transformer" Pastor found a cool passage to go with it, it should be fun. Very different compared to last year's theme of "Guiding Light" which was fantastic as it was all soap opera-esque and I'm the skits and worship person. Plus registrar. Plus administration. Plus plus plus... But I got Liz with me for the music part. Apparently she's working on songs already, woohoo! She writes one every year. Last year we attempted to but it didn't turn out as good as hers do.

And we cheated, used a song already in existence and added a verse to the end of it. That way the melody was already written and all we needed was one verse. Fool-proof!

Anyway, so we came up with a coming at you flyer and stuff some envelopes. Gotta love those labels you can print out on special paper and just stick them to the envelope, those are fanstic and make our life loads easier.

No hand-addressed envelopes which is good cause my handwriting is atrocious.

As I'm falling asleep while I type this I'll keep it short.

Tomorrow is work plus Squirt and Bubby's trial of the bad wolf play. He plays the evil villain - two years running woohoo! - and she plays some sort of fairy godmother. Should be fun.

Then Saturday is the volunteer recognition banquet which I gotta go to as the TAB kids are going. Think it's basically about the awesomely catered food, haha no, it's a great way to show appreciation cause some of these volunteers dedicate a good chunk of their lives to do it.

And that's my ramble nation for the day. Tune it next time for family anecdotes and humiliations.

"Everybody Talks" Neon Trees


"Til I Kissed You" Everly Brothers


same message, different style. much different.

No comments:

Post a Comment