I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Every time he turns around I think he's the blue power ranger."

Where did Gibbs get "yabba yabba"?

That's the second episode I've heard him say it, and it's wigging my out.

Today rocked man.

Much more relaxing than the flustration that was yesterday.

Yes, flustration, get used to it.

Yesterday was a madhouse, but we were closed the day before so that's actually normal.

Today I had two hours to get all my supplies and TAB stuff together, we had a great meeting with a lot of good ideas, plus we took the kids out to the courtyard and took some fun pictures with their repurposing projects. Will have to send them to our website dude, maybe he can post them on the library website.

And I actually took half an hour of vacation, I know a whole 30 minutes right?!! so I could meet up with the Library Goddess and the cool aunt for the rivalry game of the season aka Nebraska vs. Creighton - we dominated the creetans - but they're goofballs, especially when they're together so it was a lot of fun.

Plus we ran into another professor, and we were just literally talking about morning classes. This is the Shackleton professor so it was amusing when she was at the game, and we just happened to run into her. Randomness rocks.

Told a lot of old family stories, basically me as a kid being an idiot but for some reason it turned out okay, like once when I was four I was watching the Jungle Book and it got to the scary part and it was too loud. So I freaked out and couldn't find my parents. Me, being the genius I was at age four, decided then that it would be a good idea to run to my grandparents house cause they would make it all better. So I ran half a mile in the dark, barefoot, got there, Grandpa was like what? He drove me back, and my parents were walking to the house - they were out cleaning a bin - and he's like "missing something?" "huh?" they didn't even know I was gone.

Rock solid man, rock solid.

Or the time at the hotel, basically every year we would go to a hotel in Iowa to meet up halfway with some family. My cousins and I would come up with random games to keep us entertained.

This one was basically hide and go seek with a twist. We'd take a bunch of pieces of paper and make a big black dot on only one of them. Everybody picked from the stack and went off to hide. Once you found a hiding spot you open the paper and see if you had the spot, if you did you're it and you had to go find someone, if not do your best to stay away though it's best to keep wandering instead of being in one spot. If you ran into someone you didn't know if they were friend of foe so do you team up or run?

I wandered a bit too far, ended up in a completely different wing and floor. Completely lost and I'm like 8 I knock on a random door and there are these two guys going, what the heck? They basically led me around the building until I could hear my family, we're super loud.

But that could have been really bad, as could the barefoot thing cause you know I could have run into a raccoon. And "a raccoon could kill a dog!" scroll down.


Quotes of the day:

Me: "Say cheese"
Kid: "Potato"
Me: "And barbecue sauce..." *takes picture*

Library Goddess: "Didn't it buzz your butt?"
phone on vibrate

Cool Aunt: "Every time he turns around I think he's the blue power ranger." power rangers were another cousins thing. we each had our own characters, rock solid. but this reference was about the other team's catcher.

Me/Cool Aunt: "Cause you know a raccoon could kill a dog." this is a dad line and it's ridiculous. just one of those family quotes that stick with you because it's soooo way out there.

Library Goddess: "Vegas." meaning what happens in vegas stays in vegas so whatever you're talking about stays between those present.

Prof: I'm the one she curses for applying Shackleton to daily life. and i still do!! dangit...

Abby from Scandal: He gives expensive speeches, makes a fortune. He's anti-choice, pro-gun, hates the gays and likes it when kids pray in school." i laughed so hard at the hardcore rant, so funny. ps, i'm in love with scandal it's fantastic.

Duuuude, Gibbs just clotheslined a dude with a trashcan lid!!


"Are You Gonna Go My Way" Jamar Rogers

jam fest.

"Roxanne" Juliet Simms

she's just so good!! LOVED this one, standing ovation from xtina and she's not even on her team. i just keep playing 1:29-1:32 over and over. i love xtina's "dooooooope" she says that frequently it rocks.

"Don't Leave Me This Way" Cheesa

this is the one i raved about yesterday, had to get it off itunes, actually i got all these off itunes plus some extras from the earlier rounds as they're dooooope.

I won't give out any spoilers in case you're behind but I am pleased with the results.

Alright, I'm out for the night. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment