I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, April 9, 2012

knowing that you lied straight-faced while i cried, still i look to find a reason to believe...

Alright, so here's my top ten for The Voice:

1. Jordis Unga - yes she is my favorite and i've raved about her for weeks so get over it.
2. Pip - rockin' the bowtie man.
3. James Massone - he's just so good and i love his letterman jackets.
4. Tony Luca - former mouseketeer
5. Angie Johnson - aka the marine - kicked out during the battle rounds
6. Jermaine Paul - backup singer for Alicia Keys
7. Juliet Simms - gravelly voice of awesome
8. Adley Stump - country rocker - kicked out on the battle rounds
9. Sera Hill - killer runs - kicked out during the live rounds
10. The Line - killer duo - kicked out during the battle rounds

though I also enjoy Katrina Parker, Jessie Campbell, Jamar Rogers, Kim Yarbrough and Ashley DeLa Rosa.

I can't stand Erin the model. I'm sorry just no. Can't do it. The Shields Brothers won that battle and they would have rocked it tonight. "Walk Like an Egyptian" really?

Anyway, my top ten are kickin' butt. Well, those of them that are still in.

And as much as it pains me, literally pains me, Cheesa, the Hawaiian girl that beat out the marine in the battle rounds totally rocked it tonight.

I want to hate her cause she knocked out the marine, but dude.

Dude.

"Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston, oh my god I'd post it if it were uploaded.

And she's Team Cee-Lo who's all about the flair and the fantastic so there were lights and costumes and dance moves and dude.

I'm proud to say that Juliet Simms probably had the best performance of the night with "Roxanne" I will have to download that one later, and of course you got James as well singing "Don't Know Why" by Norah Jones?!?! But he pulled it off, even though he was completely focused on the ladies in the crowd.

Smooth man, real smooth.

Tony and Kim weren't at their best tonight so I'm wondering how that's gonna affect their outcome tomorrow. But they have enough of a following that they may be fine.

Sorry, I'm sure you don't care about my Voice ramble-nations, moving on.

Today I was a mess.

A complete and total disaster-in-progress.

Just flustrated.

Yes, flustrated.

Word of the day.

The act of being flustered whilest frustrated.

Mondays always means backlog, but since we were closed yesterday it was even more crazy today and tomorrow will be more of the same.

I have so much supply stuff I need two hours to get all the way through it tomorrow.

And this was after an hour's worth today.

And I'll probably need more.

But I won't get it because there's also a TAB meeting, to which I also have a lot of stuff I need to prep for. aka agendas, snacks, ya area stuff, summer reading stuff, etc.

I love it.

I do.

I love my job.

Everything about my job.

Well, maybe not the creepy stalkers so much, but everything else is pretty awesome.

And I like supplies and TAB but today was a bit overwhelming.

Fearless Leader had to walk me to my car after work, haha. Pretty sure she thought I was gonna space and get hit by a car or something.

Flustrated man, flustrated.

So The Voice was an essential zen tool.

And the day started out so calm too!

Got to jam at the home branch, checked in bookdrop stuff, stamped papers, pulled expired and cancelled holds, pulled the regular holds list, turned on all the computers and that was all before ten.

But it was calm and relaxing cause it was like familiar? you know? Though things are a little different there now I'm still a home branch shelver girl at heart. It was where I got my start and I made great friends.

Whom I'm stoked to jam with for inservice day.

As stoked as one can be to sit in seminars all day 8-5.

Anyway, it was a bit like a flashback today with morning at the home branch and afternoon at the work branch. And the funny thing was that I totally turned the wrong way out of the parking lot. Which is sad cause I used to take that route EVERYDAY!!! For like a year in a half!!

Like I said, flustrated.

Morning at the home branch, afternoon at the work branch, potato bacon soup for lunch, Angry Birds in Space on the ipod - cause yes earth wasn't enough and it rocks so shutup - supplies and YS all afternoon and then rockin' to The Voice tonight meant a full day and I'm zonked.

As is Carter who's decked out on the couch next to me.

He had a big day of laying around the apartment, you know?

He deserves to sleep some more.

His life is so rough.

As I can't post the music I want to I'll hit you with a backup instead.

"Reason To Believe" Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood

"should we do this one with or without glasses?" classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment