I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, April 8, 2012

I don't want no pickles, I don't want no honey, I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny.

Ohh the joy that is family.

And actually it is a joy.

Joyful and triumphant.

Gonna say that at this moment life pretty much rocks.

Love my family, love my boyfriend, love my job, love that camp prep starts later this week - not so in love with my current homework assignment as assigning call numbers isn't exactly cake if you're not copy-cataloging, but in a couple weeks I'll be done with it, so I guess I could love that.

Today was good, this joyful eastertide.

There's a debate going on.

I'm kind of the queen of nicknames, or so I've been dubbed at least.

So I have nicknames for pretty much everyone that is important to me, family, coworkers, other friends, but no nickname for the boyfriend.

Other than "the boyfriend" which apparently doesn't count.

Though I say it does as he's the only boyfriend that matters.

Which makes it sound like there's more than one so let me rephrase.

Out of all that I've had he's the one that matters, how's that?

Anyway, according to my family he needs a nickname because "the boyfriend" can only go so far. And I don't see them calling him "babydoll" anytime soon, though that's more of a long story.

So here were some suggestions that came from the round table. Or square table. Rectangular table. of suggestions. yeah.

-The boyfriend submitted via text "So damn good looking" but says "Mr. Sexy" will do also.
My family's comeback to that was, "as long as Rick can call you that in public."

-Option two was "Stude" as it mixes his name with dude. Which just happens to be my nickname, long story.
To which he came back with "Stud as in Stud Muffin"
Though my family decided to stay away from muffins.

-My brother threw out "Mound of Useless Information" as he's good with trivia, but "King of "Useless Information" is already taken by my brother in law.
He didn't like that one so my brother in law said "He could be the Queen of Useless Information but that would be awkward for me."

The debate continues I'm sure more will arise.

Quotes of the day:

Second Sister: "I'm only playing Grapes to Pears." as a reply to Mom asking if we wanted to play "Apples to Oranges" which is what she calls "Apples to Apples"

Me: "I wanna build a boat out of a screen door!"
Sister-in-law: "It would be weird if someone knocked."
Second Sister: "Don't answer if they say landshark."
Oldest Sister: "That's a life lesson for you...Where in the world would you live that the basis of fixing a boat with a screen door is a logical choice? Maybe in the mob and you need to get rid of some bodies."
Me: "But close the door quick or you're screwed."
Oldest Sister: "We could really solve the world's problems this afternoon with some more alcohol."
Second Sister: "I'm turning it back to Fox News and that's all there is to it."

flex seal commercial, i think it would be awesome. just sayin'

Mom: "Have you guys ever had an implant?"
Everyone: "Just one?"
Me: "What to even them out?"

she was talking about teeth but we didn't see it that way. and no our answers were all no. completely out of the blue.

Mom: "Dad says to get the camera, we may not see you in a dress ever again." yes i wore one to church. but i now have multiple in my closet so i should wear them at some point.

So after church, dinner, helping the easter bunny with the eggs, watching the kids hunt, debating, Swamp People, Pirates 4, Narnia, pitch, more food and a new addiction the "draw something" app I made it back to the apartment unscathed.

As a present from my sister we all got Silly Songs With Larry on CD and it rocks I jammed the whole way home.

If you suffer from severe culture-deprivement Silly Songs With Larry is a segment of the show "Veggie Tales" in which Larry the cucumber sings a silly song.

And now it's time for Silly Songs with Larry. The part of the show where Larry comes out and sings a silly song.

"Dance of the Cucumber"

"dance, dance, yeah!"

"Water Buffalo Song"

"you can't say everybody has a water buffalo when everyone does not have a water buffalo. we're going to get nasty letters saying where's my water buffalo? why don't i have a water buffalo? and are you prepared to deal with that? i don't think so just stop being so silly."
yes i recited that from memory, it's my favorite and an old friend of mine and i used to sing it repeatedly.

"The Hairbrush Song"

"oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where!!!!!"

"The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything"

"and i've never been to boston in the fall"

"I Love My Lips"

"she had a beard and it felt weird" "ohh, look at the time!"

"The Bunny Song"

rack shack and benny, he's the bad guy. the background singers make the song. seriously.

gonna have to get off vacation mode, long day tomorrow but i get to start it at the home branch for the first time in months. woohoo!

"I don't want no pickles, I don't want no honey, I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny. I don't want a tissue when my nose is runny, I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny. I don't want to tell you a joke that is funny, I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny. I don't wanna play on a day that is sunny, I just want a plate and a fork and a bunny..."

No comments:

Post a Comment