I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, April 7, 2012

'til Johnny's dancing with me I've got no reason to smile...

Big day in G-Town man, big day.

First up was driving a pickup to the tire shop as it had a flat, and I followed mom who was also driving a pickup to the tire shop cause it had a flat...and this was after my dad had dropped off my car at the tire shop cause it had a flat...they loved us today.

Then it was the big easter egg hunt at the courthouse which apparently I used to go to but have absolutely no memory of it. I guess my brother took me around, he was the popular one in school so everyone just knew me as Mark's baby sister.

Yeah, that's one of my favorite stories about my brother, he could have been valedictorian but he chose not to because he wanted to have a social life.

All my siblings are super smart and then there's me.

Not that I'm completely incompetent I am a librarian. And got a couple 4.0's in college so I manage.

Anyway, this morning it was all about candy at the courthouse. They divide the age groups up and we had one in each cause Abbers was in the youngest which is like toddler to 3, then you got Booge's group which was 4-6, and then Claire was the oldest in the 7-to I'm guessing like 10, anybody older than that would dominate.

I went with Booge and actually he did dominate, he had excellent strategy though I don't know if he realized it. Basically he's super fast so he ran out in front of all the kids and got there first and then grabbed and ran, like it was the run and scoop method, genius. He dominated. And the girls did pretty well themselves. Plus they got these prize ticket things for businesses around G-Town, they cleaned up man.

I'd call it a victory.

After that Mom and I came back to the house to help the "easter bunny" with candy stuff.

While we attempted to watch "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" but failed as we were too distracted.

It was alright.

Not fantastic.

I feel like I should go back and watch it more closely because it was SOOO HARD to follow, too many characters I think. I should probably read the book then maybe I'd get it.

Anyway, so I should go back and watch it again but I really have no motivation to. Even though I do love Gary Oldman and Colin Firth, I think they're fantastic, and maybe it is a fantastic movie but I was too distracted to pay attention.

Scale of Awesome at the moment says 4/10 but that's only because I missed half of it cause I was stuffing eggs.

Plus I had to show Mark the Darth Maul commercials posted a few posts below this one and we were watching it on the TV with no remote for the DVD player - which is obnoxious but it's been that way for years now. And the sad part is that we have a universal remote so we could program it, but that'd be too easy you know?

Anyway, yes there are going to be a lot of "anyway"s in this post I think this is my third, get used to it.

Anyway, four, he thought they were funny, which they are, plus I gave him his shirt. I found this Darth Vader shirt at Target that has a picture of Vader and then the phrase "Who's Your Daddy", super funny.

After that candy craze, which mom hid cause she knew that Mark would steal it - he did unsuccessfully try this afternoon but failed epically, I had to throw him some and it was funny cause he was trying to be subtle about it. HA!

Anyway, five, after the candy craze I watched some Swamp People with dad, cause apparently a weekend at the farmhouse isn't complete without watching an episode of Swamp People at least once a day. Which is good, I find it highly enjoyable. Looking forward to next week's and see I'd tape them on my own, but then what would I watch when I came out to the farmhouse?

Really, Swamp People is just saving me from marathon's of HeeHaw. Which I'm sure I'll get tomorrow night before I leave. He usually has ones cued up for me to see.

ANNND after all that I cleaned out my closet.

One of them.

Sort of.

I mean, I went through everything but it's all memorabilia stuff so it's not trash-able. So it'll stay in boxes for now and eventually get moved to my apartment.

So I guess you could say it was more like taking stock rather than cleaning out.

I took stock of all my crap.

And I only got through one of the two closets in my room.

I mean, technically it's one big one they're connected but it's two doors, whatever, anyway six, I found stuff from high school and college and all that and in it was one seriously seriously depressing poem that I don't remember writing at all, and it like threw me off. Cause I was so excited to find all this stuff, especially the stuff I forgot about and then I pull this out and it was like, dude, WTF?

Here.

Read.

And then forget it cause it's highly depressing and like I said I totally forgot about writing it, no idea when I did, but it's in my hand-writing so I guess it was me.


When you smile at me my heart skips a beat.

When you talk to me it starts to pound.

When you're close to me I can hear it in my head.

When you kiss me it leaps into my throat.

When you told me you loved me my knees buckled.

When you're not around I drag my feet.

When we bicker and fight I cannot breathe.

When you told me you're leaving I ended my life.

When you came back for me I was already gone.

When you cried for me I couldn't hear it.

When you threw things for me I couldn't see it.

When you ended your life I saw you again briefly, but just for a second before they took you away.

Why oh why do you do this to me?



and there's that. like i said highly depressing and morbid and just blah.

so forget about it.

cause i'm still reeling and just weirded out that i don't even remember writing it. or who i was writing about. which is weird. cause i'm a writer and it's semi-memorable i would say.

or maybe because it's highly depressing i blocked it out, whatever moving on!


I finally watched the elimination rounds on the Voice and if you don't want to be spoiled - though it was from Tuesday - then don't read.

Stoked that Jordis got saved, though was shocked when she was initially not picked as they said she topped the rock charts and was the first artist to do so on The Voice.

Seriously just excited, and kind of shocked by a lot of the choices, but stoked as they were all my favorites and the ones I downloaded off itunes.

Alright, songs of the day:

"It's My Party" Lesley Gore


i just love her voice, it's so unique. and that's the only way i can describe it.

and its sequel

"Judy's Turn To Cry" Lesley Gore

and you took him back? after that? really?

No comments:

Post a Comment