I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, March 18, 2013

"You just killed a helicopter with a car." "I was out of bullets."

On to Live Free or Die Hard.

aka Die Hard 4.0


aka my favorite of the series so far.

Bruce Willis likes it better than 2 or 3 as the sequel.

Watched an exclusive interview between Bruce and Kevin Smith.

He plays Warlock but you probably know him from Clerks.

or Jay and Silent Bob.

He's highly entertaining, but he pointed out that Bruce has done a Die Hard movie in the 80's, 90's the 00's and now the 10's.

The boyfriend is convinced Willis is gonna be in a wheelchair for the next movie.

So yes, finishing up my marathon. Watched 1 last night and started number 2 - fell asleep so finished that one and number 3 this morning. Now I'm on 4 but can't watch 5 cause it's still in theaters, but I've rambled about that one already anyway go here: You asked for a large bag of hair on the way to Taganskaya Courthouse.

Just starting this one, he's currently picking up Matt Farrell - I love Justin Long, another one of my top favorites mentioned yesterday.

And now his apartment's being blown to pieces.

I do like all 5 but this is my favorite. Mostly because of the actors involved - Justin Long, Timothy Olyphant, Mary Elizabeth Winstead (who makes an appearance in number 5) - and I like the whole government fire sale aspect to it.

The boyfriend likes the 2nd one best. My favorite scenes in that movie are the ones with his wife on the plane cause of her back and forth with the reporter who has a restraining order against her (after she punched him in the 1st movie.)


Richard Thornburg: [sits down and sees Holly looking at him] Stewardess!
Stewardess: Mr. Thornburg, you cannot monopolize my time.
Richard Thornburg: You cannot put me near that woman.
Stewardess: Excuse me?
Holly McClane: He means he's filed a restraining order against me. I'm not allowed within 50 feet of him.
Richard Thornburg: 50 yards. So by keeping me in the section you are violating a court order. I can sue you and this airline. That woman assaulted me and she humiliated me in public.
Stewardess: [walks over to Holly and whispers] What did you do?
Holly McClane: Knocked out two of his teeth.
Stewardess: Would you like some champagne?


I've only seen it twice, along with number 3.

Which I also like a lot because of the Simon Says stuff along with Samuel L. Jackson as Zeus.


Zeus: Why you keep calling me Jésus? I look Puerto Rican to you?
John McClane: Guy back there called you Jésus.
Zeus: He didn't say Jésus. He said, "Hey, Zeus!" My name is Zeus.
John McClane: Zeus?
Zeus: Yeah, Zeus! As in, father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't fuck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass? Zeus! You got a problem with that?
John McClane: No, I don't have a problem with that.

[McClane and Zeus are speeding through Central Park]
Zeus: Are you aiming for these people?
John McClane: No. Well, maybe that mime. 



Here are a few of my favorites from this one:


Matt Farrell: Awww, great! There goes the cell phone.
John McClane: They knocked the satellites out of the skies, now?
Matt Farrell: No, your battery ran out.

The Warlock: [to Matt] Why did you bring a cop to my command center?
John McClane: [laughs] Command center? It's a basement.
The Warlock: [angrily] Who is this man?


[standing next to a stand-up cardboard cut-out of Boba Fett]
The Warlock: What, like, you a big fan of the Fett?
John McClane:  No. I was always more of a Star Wars guy.

Thomas Gabriel: I can't talk this guy. You talk to him. See if you can get him to focus.
[hands cell phone to Lucy]
Lucy McClane: Dad?
John McClane: Hi, baby.

Lucy McClane: Now there are only five of them.

[to terrorists over radio]
John McClane: Hey, Metro, how's your day goin' over there? Yeah, you gotta be pretty, uh, crazy over there, what with all those 5-87's, huh?
Mai Lihn: Yes, sir, we've had to dispatch all units.
John McClane: Yeah, you had to dispatch all units for all the naked people walkin' around?

[after the presidential montage]
Casper: That was creepy.
Trey: I tried to find more Nixon.


Matt Farrell: [to Lucy] Wow, I know that tone. It's just weird hearing it come from someone... with hair.

Just one of the many reasons I love it.

Today was good.

Aside from the all the Die Hard I mean, went in to work for a couple of hours. Was swamped the first and dead the next. But was good bonding time with Girlscout.

We talked pets.

Showed her the picture of Carter with the snowpeople.

Cause he's like monstrous in comparison.

And he sleeps on my stomach.

It would be adorable if it wasn't killing my back.

He's currently decked out beside me.

But anyway, so yes, slept in, watched Die Hard's 2 and 3, went to work, went grocery shopping.

Came home, unpacked groceries, ate supper, now on to Die Hard 4.

And that was my day.

Tomorrow will be much different I'm sure. Back to the regular 9-6, plus gotta call the dentist to set up an appointment.

I actually started flossing, aren't you proud?

Although by "started" I mean like twice.

This week.

But that's better than nothing.

I'll start doing it until the appointment and then quit again until next time.

And there's a TAB meeting.

Get to plan out logistics for SR events and the kickoff party.

Yeehaw.

Alright, on to the music, then back to the movie.

Just a Fool - Christina Aguilera Feat. Blake Shelton


love this song.

and that it debuted on the voice.

which starts next week, get ready.



stoked.

love her.

will of course miss Xtina and Cee-Lo, but I've always loved Shakira. and Usher is alright I guess, so we'll see how this goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment