I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, March 2, 2013

In Vino Veritas.

Ex-wife interrogating ex-husband on the stand on Lie to Me.

Best courtroom scene ever.

Glad to see Melissa George as a good girl for once, for some reason she's always evil in the stuff I watch.

She reminds me a bit of Rose McGowan.

So today was good.

Slept in then headed to the mall for the Read Across America celebration - aka Dr. Seuss's birthday.

They had "celebrity readers" which I'm pretty sure were just newscasters. But there were cameras all over. Fellow librarians and I got caught in the back of a few shots, oh the joys.

Signed about 11 people up for library cards, directed traffic while the teens handed out bookmarks and painted faces. The kids also made bracelets and ate free pizza, huzzah.

One of my teens painted my face so I was walking contradiction all day with that plus my library nametag shopping in Hot Topic with death metal blaring in my ears.

Bought Chief a dinosaur t-shirt as she is obsessed with their short arms.

Traitor!!

Long story.

Anyway, we might be meeting up at the roller derby on Saturday which would be awesome as we haven't jammed out in like 3 years.

That chick got me through grade school man, then I went away to high school, then she left the state but now she's back and I still don't see her.

The rest of my day was spent on the couch texting the boyfriend and watching Lie to Me.

Where I still am 3 discs later.

But I finished the homework last night so I could do that today.

Tomorrow's gonna be fun with Grams birthday party and then the concert after.

Maroon 5, Neon Trees and Owl City.

Gonna rock it.

And you're gonna get overloaded with their music next week I'm sure.

But for now, I'll give you these and some fiction and then I'm out. Big day tomorrow.

Clip of the night: The boyfriend thinks this is hysterical.



hilarious but completely offensive.

Music Rec

One to Make Her Happy - Marque


they're austrian and this was like 13 years ago. too freakin' catchy for it's own good.

alright, to the fiction.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni - Part Five 

I lean over and grab the shovel. Maybe I can hit him with it. I look at the taller man who has a gun to the girl’s head. Maybe not. I walk over next to the grave and start digging. All those saying about the choices you make in life causing you to dig your own grave don’t make sense until now when I’m actually digging my own grave.

I can still hear the music coming from the truck. Drowning Pool. Let the bodies hit the floor. Fitting. The blood from my wrists makes it hard to grip the handle of the shovel but I dig anyway. First smaller scoops, then larger ones.

I look up and see them untying the girl and handing her the other shovel. The taller man pushes her toward me. She looks at me with tears in her eyes. I just nod. Just do what they say. It’ll be over soon.

The girl attempts to dig her hole but she can’t. She must be too weak from all the excitement. I have so much adrenaline I could probably run for miles if there wasn’t a gun pointed at me. She starts to cry after only a few scoops that look more like divots in the grass.

The taller man walks over closer to her and repeats his order. “Dig,” he says pointing to the grass. “Or I will shoot you without giving you a chance to run.” He laughs menacingly.

“You’re just going to shoot us anyway,” she replies in a small sounding voice.

The taller man smiles at this. “True.”

The girl keeps looking at him and drops her shovel. He looks down at the shovel then at her face and shoots her between the eyes. I try not to react, knowing that would be a sign of fear.

The two men just laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment