I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

but i just couldn't break your heart, like you did mine yesterday.

So yesterday sucked.

But today was alright.

I was so zonked that I fell asleep for the past like 3 hours.

Which is nice cause I fell asleep watching HGTV so I rewound like all the way back and now I'm watching all the demo programs and get to see them all without commercials.

Yay Property Brothers.

So, today.

What happened?

I'm thinking.

Oh right, so yeah it was alright. Early lunch and then headed off to one of the branches for an hour to cover for an all staff meeting. It was myself, Girlscout, one of the women that originally interviewed and hired me, and then a branch manager from a completely different library.

Between the four of us we were able to run the place as one fully functional person.

Which was impressive with next to no training about locations of materials and all that.

I told the manager she was in charge cause her library is a mirror image of the one we were in.

Which actually probably made it harder for her...but she and I took the front desk. My interviewer worked reference and Girlscout floated. We made it an hour without setting off the fire alarms or calling the cops so I'm calling it a victory.

I was a bit nervous. I've been in that building less than 10 times so to run the place was big. Yeah, not even  10 times it was like once for a TAB event within the past few months, before that it was dropping off barrels and picking them up for the Food Drive, so let's see that would be 4 times cause I did it 2 years. And then I stopped by once to take pictures of the food drive sculptures so that's what, 7 including today?

Not bad. Not bad.

But it was amusing cause we were like, "we made it 20 minutes!" "we made it half an hour!" "we made it 45 minutes!" and then staff starts piling out of the conference room after an hour so did a celebration dance and then headed back to the work branch for the rest of the day.

Yeehaw.

I'm trying to think of other stuff from today.

Oh, so remember those Reader's Theatre videos? We did one called "The Killer" by Tom Hinshelwood and his dad commented on our video on Facebook thanking us for including his son's book.

So that was a shock of sorts.

It did go really well, I'm proud of them and look forward to doing it again.

Meeting coming up on Tuesday to talk more about it, but mostly plan out our Summer Reading Events for the teen program. Gotta get those all written up and sent in by the 21st to be approved and entered in the schedule booklet.

No pressure.

But I have a pretty good idea of which events we'll be doing and how to write them up.

And that was my day.

Aside from coming home, laying on the couch and falling asleep to HGTV.

I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should. Proven by the fact that I need to be up and across town by 7:30 tomorrow morning and it's already passed midnight and I'm still up.

So I'm gonna crash. That way I can be semi-conscious for tomorrow's meeting with the Library Goddess. Thank God for coffee shops. Working on our last newsletter, sad day.

This whole GA thing has just totally flown by. Can't believe I'm gonna be completely done with the program in December. All A's so far, like a 3.96 GPA - for a Master's program that's not bad. Only 4 more classes after this semester, practicum included.

Okay, sleep. Right. Now. K.

Music and I'm out.

Maroon 5's greatest hits, take 10?

Officially on to their latest album now. The last two are in my top 10.

Daylight


interesting concept for video, playing for change. heard this one live, awesomeness.

Lucky Strike


heard this one live as well, loved it.

and just cause i like it...


original duo are the best.

The Man Who Never Lied


love this one.


I'm actually proud of how the concert pics turned out. Scroll down a few and you'll see them.


and i'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment