I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, March 8, 2013

Back at your door.

Okay, so it's official.

I need new wiper blades.

Can barely see anything in a storm.

Woops.

Oh the joys of today.

Actually got to see a lot of my library friends - the authentically amazing KB at work, plus I talked to Sensei when she called in, and then the Library Goddess and new library friends at the meeting after work.

Work is mostly prep for tomorrow's activity - Reader's Theater.

Pick books and the teens improv act.

We'll film it and put it up on the website for recruitment purposes.

Super nervous, we'll see how it goes.

Immediately after or before I need to set up the stuff for Teen Tech Week.

Only worked 9-2 today, that makes twice this week and I got off early yesterday to go to prison - also for class - so I'm feeling totally out of whack.

Anyway, headed up to the grad school around 3, got back at 10.

Met up with some Missouri faculty to hear them talk about the program to some undergrads and then jammed out with some fun classmates afterward.

We didn't eat pizza or drink.

Cause that's against the rules.

So yeah, we did not do that.

So here is not a map drawn by the Library Goddess showing me where to get said pizza.

Some interesting discussion about class technology quirks.

We decided to start our own Roller Derby team called "Digital Beef."

Our uniforms would be black and white spots with a QR code on the back.

Don't think I've laughed that hard in months.

It's interesting, one of the questions to those already in the program was what's been your favorite moment so far and I can't pinpoint a specific moment, for me it was more of the relationships I've built.


and then NLA.

I guess that's a moment.

But you don't know how many librarians you know until you go to a library conference.

And that's the truth.

Now I'm back at the apartment with my big fat cat, going over questions for tomorrow's interview.

Yay diversity!

And that was my day.

May seem boring to you, but it was fun to me.

So, on to the music then.

Maroon 5's greatest hits, take four.

2 of my top 5 in this one alone - not stacking the deck, just working through the albums.


Won't Go Home Without You


love it, even sounds good without the technology behind him

Can't Stop

jam session

Back At Your Door

all time favorite.



so interview for class tomorrow then reader's theater and then ROLLER DERBY!! rivalry match man, it's on.

No comments:

Post a Comment