I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

but even the sun sets in paradise.

This was my day.



While it may not have been caused by a breakup, that was pretty much my headspace, all day.

So miserable all I wanted to do was go cry in a corner.

But see, last time I did that I ended up in Superwoman's office and she sent me home.

Which only made things worse.

So, I said screw it, pretended all was okay - like normal - put on a happy face and did my freakin' job.

See, Slim Shady and I had this pact.

And this was, of course, before she and Fearless Leader ditched me.

That if we turned into bitter, angry, complaining about everything employees that we would either shoot each other or quit.

I'm still debating.

I'm just tired of the drama.

Life would be so much easier on the farm.

And it wasn't just today, it's built up to this point. Today was just the breaking point.

See, I'm not good with change.

Yeah, big surprise, I'm sure.

But so many things are changing it's making my head spin.

And I know change is important and if we don't evolve then the library dies, but the routine is what makes me good at my job, it's the reason I love it.

Loved it.

It was actually amusing, I went to dinner with the boyfriend and all I kept repeating was "I'll love my job... tomorrow."

Because really, at this moment in time, I cannot think of a single thing keeping me there, aside from TAB.

And while that may sound dramatic, it's been a long time coming.

Multiplied exponentially by the fact that I DON'T HAVE ANYONE THERE ANYMORE.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my coworkers, they're great. Queen of the Known Universe especially, but it's not the same as having Slim Shady and Fearless Leader there.

But, like I said, tomorrow. I'll act like nothing's wrong, I'll find a reason to love my job again and everything will be just fine.

Unless something changes with TAB.

That is where I draw the line.

I care about those kids, I will advocate for them until the day I die, but if that changes then I'm done.

Speaking of TAB, the only good thing that happened during the workday was that our awesome webmaster - and also proud father of a TAB member - uploaded the Reader's Theater videos to our website, Facebook page and YouTube channel. I'll post the link on Facebook. I'm proud of those kids, they were excellent.

And then tonight after work was better. The boyfriend fixes all, as always. Went out to eat and then watched Enemy of the State.


I love Gene Hackman. Scale of Awesome puts it at around 8/10, was totally on the edge of my seat.

Am, it's running in the background now. He sent it home with me cause we didn't get all the way through it before he had to leave for work.

Jack Black, Seth Green and Jason Lee is serious roles, I'm in shock.

So far, so good. I'll let you know after I finish if that holds up.

Geez, already an hour in. I've drafted and re-drafted this post so many times I've lost count.

Had it playing on mute in the background 'til I'm done then I'll skip to where we left off.

Doesn't really matter, I'll probably delete it tomorrow anyway.

Just like all my other ranting ones.

So, I'll move on to the music. Aside from Miranda's which I sang all afternoon in my head, btw.

Where was I....Maroon 5's greatest hits, take 8? I think.

One more from Hands All Over and then moving on to their last album Overexposed.

Moves Like Jagger



One More Night



Payphone


saw all three of these live, they were fantastic. originally not a huge fan of payphone like i was immediately of the former two, however it's grown on me, especially cause the boyfriend sings it all the time.


How is it that Moms know when you're gonna have a bad day?

Came home to a box full of chocolate in the mail.

Awesome.

out!

No comments:

Post a Comment