I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gandhi was wrong.

Should I be scared that someone googled "Bo Pelini in tights" and ended up at my blog?

Pretty sure it led them to the entry about him about getting run over downtown in broad daylight.

Anyway, today was good. 9-2 at the work branch, then home, then out to the boyfriend's for dinner and a movie.

Work was fun. Spent the majority of it planning for next week's Teen Tech Week. That they put me in charge of.

Even though I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm working on it.

We're going with "Check in @ Your Library" and originally they had to check-in on Facebook on their phones, however not all teens have Facebook so we're going with having them answer questions about the library's website instead.

But they have to visit the library 4 times by the end of the week, each time filling out a sheet with their name and the date and then the answer to a question and those who visit 4 times get a candy bar and are entered into a drawing for an iTunes giftcard.

Should be interesting.

After work I got Chinese - cashew chicken, half of which is in my fridge - watched some Lie to Me and then headed out to see the boyfriend. We got cheap tacos at Taco Johns for Taco Tuesdays and then got Seven Psychopaths from Redbox.

Here's my favorite part.



Hilarious.

Scale of Awesome says 7/10. I love Sam Rockwell. He's one of my favorites, and Collin Farrell wasn't so bad along with Christopher Walkin and Woody Harrelson. It was a really unique storyline, basically Rockwell and Walkin steal dogs and fake like they found them and return them to the owners thereby getting the finder's fee. Bad things start to happen when they kidnap Harrelson's dog Bonnie since Harrelson just happens to be a mob boss.

Farrell is a screenwriter working on a story called Seven Psychopaths and needs to come up with seven different psychopaths to feature - in the beginning he just has the title. Meanwhile his life suddenly becomes filled with psychopaths and he ends up making a run for it to the desert along with Walkin and Rockwell which is where this scene takes place.

"You can't let the animals die in a movie...only the women."

"Put your hands up!"
"No."
"What?"
"I said no."
"Why not?"
"Because I don't want to."
"But I've got a gun."
"I don't care."
"It doesn't make any sense."
"Too bad."


Each psychopath is totally unique, but what was interesting was how their stories weaved into the main story. Really cool and amusing.

After that we watched a bit of We Bought a Zoo which we'd both seen before but it was still excellent.

So that was my day, on to the music. Still debating about the fiction now that Jax is done with. Maybe Matt Harper - not the detective, the high school student. I liked the name so I reused it, long story.

More Maroon 5's Songs About Jane album. You're gonna get a lot of these the next couple weeks.

Sunday Morning


you twist to fit the mold that i am in...


Secret



Through With You



just a couple more from this album tomorrow. i know, it's a lot but there will be even more when it comes to their 3rd album.

I neglected to mention the Adam did a Blake Shelton impersonation on stage, it was hilarious. "Here's my Blake impression." Turned all hick with a deep voice.

out!

No comments:

Post a Comment