I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, March 7, 2013

cause i don't believe in you anymore, anymore.

It's not often I wake up in the morning and think, "I wonder if this is appropriate prison-wear."

Today was rather fun. Got to tell people I had to go to jail after work.

The patrons did double-takes whilst my coworkers knew it was for class.

The morning flew by. Counted money, checked in magazines, shelved said magazines, updated TAB website, sent some emails, finalized stuff for Teen Tech Week - press release sent out through the mayor's office, woohoo! Went to lunch, checked in the holds and I was done.

Off to prison to see my friends.

Library friends that is.

Going through security wasn't all that bad.

They took our ID's we got stamped with invisible ink - how do you know when those run out of ink? - and then had to walk through a metal detector before getting patted down in the women's restroom.

Been to the women's prison twice - once in high school and once in college, don't look at me like that they were both for a class - and it was the same routine.

Had to ditch my rings, watch, and keys after leaving my cell, ipod and leather jacket in the car.

Felt incapacitated.

Twitchy even.

Kept reaching for my watch and phone.

The tour was fun, very unique locale.

But it was mostly fun because of the people.

I enjoy my library friends, they're quite funny.

As was the tour guide.

We asked about collections and if there were censorship issues.

He said they don't order the Anarchist's Cookbook but they do own the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy.

We laughed, to which he responded, "hey, inmates have the right to read bad fiction too!"

The library itself is basically divided down the middle. One part is the legal library with typewriters, law books and Lexis Nexis databases. The other part is the recreational part filled with the fiction and nonfiction.

Best part?

I mean, aside from 50SoG, his organizational system.

Guess what Twilight is classified as!?!

Horror. 

Not kidding. It is shelved in the horror section.

The entire Twilight series along with anything by V.C. Andrews and the rest of them paranormal romance writers.

It's all horror.

Because apparently, in prison, if you label something as "romance" it doesn't circulate.

However, since it's paranormal it can be classified as horror.

Which I think is awesome. 

But that's just us being goofy.

After the tour the grads went for coffee with the prof to discuss our final project.

Only the grads have to do them whilst the undergrads get to watch and evaluate us.

No pressure.

Anyway, there was a grate on the floor that Jennifer was standing on.

Me: Every girl needs a Marilyn moment. 
Amy: Yeah, but when it happens to you it's not sexy. 

I like our crew.

You can always tell the grads from the undergrads cause we sit in the back.

And we're snarkier.

I feel bad for half my crew though cause they're taking comps next week.

Thankfully I still have a few more months before that fresh hell rains down upon me.

Think about writing a thesis.

Now times that by four.

And write them in a week.

That's comps.

Anyway, so now I'm home. After stopping at Arby's for supper cause fast food roast beef sounded good.

Carter is already decked out next to me taking up half the couch and it's only 11:30.

Either I stay up too late or he goes to bed too early.

Or maybe a combination of the both.

Doesn't really matter, the second I post this and put the laptop down he'll wake up just to sleep on my stomach.

It would be adorable if it wasn't doing serious damage to my back.

Fat cat.

On to the music.

Let's see, Maroon 5's greatest hits, take three.

We're on to their second album now so that leads us to.......

Makes Me Wonder



Little Of Your Time


Wake Up Call


is that the dude from law and order?





Okay, it's official. I hate season three of Lie to Me.

Everyone's all mad at each other and the storylines suck.

No wonder it got cancelled.

Let there be Lightman.

No comments:

Post a Comment