I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, March 10, 2013

i'm tired of proving you right by doing everything so wrong...

Holy snowstorm, Batman.

Didn't see this one coming.

Thought it'd be a couple inches, it's still freakin' snowing.

Libraries closed early today apparently - I wasn't there, but it's the second time this year.

But I'm sure we'll be open tomorrow.

The Powers That Be are stubborn like that.

So I'll have to get up like an hour earlier than normal cause I know I'm gonna get stuck.

Even with my brand new shovel and ice melt.

I did leave and go to Target at one point today. I made it there and back fine, it was parking in my parking lot that was a problem cause it was all drifted. So tomorrow's really gonna suck.

But I needed to get the damn candy bars and iTunes card for Teen Tech Week.

Went with those hershey's, mr. goodbar, etc etc mixes. krackle? Is that another one in there? I can't remember and they're in the car so I ain't going to check.

Anyway, nothing major, not sure how many teens are actually going to participate anyway, but I'm hoping more than two. I'll call that a victory if I get more than two.

Which reminds me that I need to send out a reminder email tomorrow when I go in.

What else did I do today?

Oh yeah, so there was supposed to be that practicum meeting with the Library Goddess at the grad school but she cancelled it so we're just gonna do it during our usual meet on Thursday along with our last newsletter.

Sad day, this went by far too fast.

I remember actually back when it all started, I had first entered the program and we were putting together my schedule and she's like okay "so you'll take three then and then and what? I only get your for two semesters?!" Cause you have to be a fulltime student taking 9 credits to be a graduate assistant.

And then I went to the Volunteer Appreciate Banquet and met her first graduate assistant who just happens to be one of our libraries' branch managers now and she was like, "oh yeah, I got 2-4 hours of sleep per night but you can handle it for a couple of months." "I'm actually doing it for two semesters." "oh....well good luck."

Ha, well it turned out okay. I was really expecting it to be more, like constant work and stuff but she's really good with scheduling and working around my job job, and she has another GA for the UNO program as well who's physically there. Works across from her and the Cool Aunt.

I'm gonna miss it, along with the program.

But again, don't take that as a statement about going on for a Doctorate. Our family can live with one doctor.

So anyway, the meeting got cancelled so I went back to sleep.

Woke up in the afternoon to type of the transcript of yesterday's interview and sent that in. Tomorrow I'll write the overview and comment on others' posts.

Meanwhile I finished Murder in Suburbia. Season Two.

I requested the first but they sent me the second.

Which I didn't notice until further inspection. The case says series 2 but the sticker on top season 1.

But I enjoyed it, gotta love British humor and Ash and Scribbs are an amusing duo.

"What are my rules about fun?"
"Not here, not now?"

So now I'll re-request it.

Now it's on to Lie To Me.

Carter's sitting in his chair staring at me. Usually he's konked out next to me by now but I think he's tired of me cause I was home all day. So now I just get the glare.

It is his place, I just stay here.

Alright, I'm off to bed. Early morning tomorrow cause of the snow.

More of Maroon 5's greatest hits, take 6.


Don't Know Nothing


catchy give it a chance.

Never Gonna Leave This Bed



I Can't Lie


another catchy one, one of those songs that brightens your day, quickens your steps and makes you wanna dance. gotta listen to it to get what i'm talking about.

out.

No comments:

Post a Comment