I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, February 15, 2013

You asked for a large bag of hair, on the way to Taganskaya Courthouse.

Bruce Willis trying to speak Russian and the cabbie saying what he actually said.

I'm paraphrasing, I'll fix it later.

Yes, this is late but at least it's posted.

So it's been a whirlwind of a day.

Woke up feeling like crap, headache, runny nose, sore throat but it's all mental so I figured I could power through 8 hours to get to the 3 day weekend. Though it occurred to me that if I called in sick and then took vacation on my birthday I could have like 5 days off in a row.

But I would go insane with boredom.

Anyway, another slow day for stats, think I increased to like 30ish, which isn't bad I guess though like 15 of those were electronic assistance cause it seemed like everyone was having problems in the lab today.

Watched an episode of UK Winter Wipeout at lunch.

I'm working my way through the other countries cause I finished the USA version, all that's online anyway. Then it was Canada, then Australia now UK.

I can always tell who's in charge of schedules for the day by checking the time I'm scheduled for lunch. If it's Bosslady I go at 1, if it's my other supervisor I go at 12. But that's cause BossLady knows I prefer 1 cause it breaks up the day, hour-wise. 4 stations in the morning then lunch then 4 stations in the afternoon.

Not important, anyway, I can't really remember anything spectacular about this afternoon, after awhile they blend together.

After work I picked up the Queen of Awesome as she is car-less and dropped her off at her place then like a crazy person decided to drive to the farmhouse stopping to see the boyfriend on the way there.

Which was stupid cause the roads are awful.

Was literally sliding all over the place, at one point I had my foot on the break for like half a mile and the car wouldn't stop. Glad the car ahead of me was far enough away for the car to just coast out. Otherwise I'd have to drive on the grass to avoid them.

It made for an interesting ride. I kept switching songs thinking, "do I really want to die to this song?"

Really weeds out the favorites in your playlist.

I know, morbid, sorry.

Here are a few surprises:

Be My Escape - Relient K

love these guys.

The Beat Goes On - Sonny & Cher

wow they look young. and happy.

guess history really has turned the page...

Anyway, these 2 are catchy but with the Beat Goes On it was like background noise cause I wasn't paying attention to it - I was actually focused on the road - but you know when you get like halfway through a song and then realize that you've been singing it from the beginning but didn't even realize it?

Or is that just me?

Delayed...Reaction used to karaoke that song all the time, but I haven't been there in years.

So I stopped by the boyfriend's place then went over to see a few of his friends. After that we hit up Die Hard 5 aka A Good Day To Die Hard.


It was pretty good. The boyfriend jokes that in the next one he'll have a walker. But he is in his 60's I believe so it is feasible.

Still fits the character perfectly.


"Need a hug?"
"We're not a hugging family."
"Damn straight."

Basically storyline is his kid gets in trouble - he hasn't seen him in years - so he goes over to talk to him and ends up getting caught in the middle of his son's mess.


"The 007 of Plainfield, New Jersey."

Keeps claiming he's on vacation like pretty much every other Die Hard movie.

Scale of Awesome puts it in the 7/10 range so not bad. Not great like the 1st and 4th but still better than 2 and 3.

It didn't help that the girl in front of us wouldn't sit still, she was driving the boyfriend nuts. And the rest of her group talked and texted through the whole thing.

We couldn't decide if they were high school band geeks - were conducting the opening orchestra - or just really annoying college freshmen.

In the end we decided freshmen.

Afterward I made it to the farmhouse unscathed.

Probably not so smart to drive home in that weather, but it was worth it. And I'm pretty sure the parentals wanted me to come home as I haven't been often lately.

What's interesting though is I think the last time I lived a full year at the farmhouse was in the 8th grade because I went to a dorm high school and college, then right after college I got the 2 jobs and moved out completely.

And the last time I lived here longer than a month was 2008 cause summer of 2009 I was taking care of Grams.

Weird.

Speaking of Grams, been working on some family history lately so you may be getting chunks of that throughout the week.

Interesting fact is I have so much more information on my dad's side than I do on my mom's. But that's cause I grew up half a mile away from them and went over there every day after school.

The irony being that the matriarch who could tell me all the stories I'm seeking on the other side of the family doesn't remember them.

Or me.

So I'm screwed there.

Sorry, morbid again, I know.

But I gave you the music rec's and the Scale of Awesome rating so I'm out. Have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment