I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Yeah, I'm gonna miss her. Oh lookie there, I've got a bite.

It's cause he's in love with his brother's wife!!

Sorry, watching Scandal.

Which I haven't done since first season.

Basically I turned on the TV to see what I had recorded and it was right at the start of Scandal.

And I love Darby Stanchfield (Deep-fried Twinkie, Shannon Gibbs) and Bellamy Young (Special Agent Stone, Ellen Darling, Hotch's girlfriend) she's the one that I guess her hair color when I see her name in the opening credits and she shares my birthday so I stuck around. It's still pretty good.

Haha, caught them kissing outside, called it!

Another call? This whole storm of the century, Q or whatever being total crap, told you it was hype. They called off school this morning with absolutely no snow on the ground. We were supposed to get like 10-12 inches, we got like 4. Barely.

We closed early, 4:30, but I got off at 4 anyway so it didn't really matter to me. We were supposed to have class at the hospital library but because of the weather we did a virtual class instead.

Dude, Webmeeting is awesome. All like 50 of us went to this Webmeeting site where they gave us a phone number. We called it and it was like a massive conference call with all of us students plus our 2 instructors plus our host. So all the audio was on the phone, none from the computer. There was a powerpoint and a chat window, it was sweet. I wish we had these in my other online classes.

I already did all my homework for that class until March, I've done the majority of Diversity homework - did the interview, wrote up the transcript and overview, now all that's left is discussion of others overviews to tie together themes and analysis. And the next Internet Reference assignment isn't due 'til the 2nd.

And see, I have tomorrow off, and I always have the best of intentions, I'm gonna clean my apartment, I'm going to write, I'm going to finish my homework, etc. But it never happens.

So here's my plan.

I plan to sleep in and watch movies all day - I have like 10 checked out so I need to fly through them. Cause I ain't driving on the crappy roads and I have sustenance so I don't need to go anywhere.

But it's a strategic plan.

Cause I always break my plans - I plan to clean, write, do homework all the time and never do it so if I plan to do none of those things maybe one of them will happen.

Does that make sense in some twisted sort of way?

I'll keep you posted.

What I am doing tonight and tomorrow no matter what is laundry, cause otherwise I'm screwed for work this weekend. That's easy enough and I can sleep through it so it's gold.

What else from today? Work was good. Super short 9-4 day but it was pretty busy even through there was snow.

Thank God for my Trainee. She always saves me from the creepers. One in particular. Wordie was there when he came in today, I told him he wasn't allowed to leave me alone until Trainee came back to the desk.

Apparently I'm too nice.

Whoa, Jimmy Kimmel on in the background, check out this kid.



Mad skills.

Here's his challenge to Jimmy. 


He totally dominated that competition, I bet that'll be posted tomorrow on Kimmel's website, you should check it out. 


And that's all I got for today. Just glad I don't have to go in tomorrow cause getting out of my parking lot after any snow at all is awful.

So, now I'm going to turn on Storage Wars - which was my original intention - and crash and burn, but first here's some music and part two from last night's fiction.

I'm Gonna Miss Her - Brad Paisley

classic, one of my favorites growing up. his actual wife in the video. love 0:30-0:32

On to the fiction

Life of a Teenage Writer: Part Two

The flashbulbs were blinding, he could barely see passed the first row of reporters but there had to be at least fifty of them staring at him with cameras, microphones, and handheld recorders in hand. Charlie pushed him toward the podium. His throat was suddenly very dry.

“Hey everybody,” his voice was shaky. “Thanks for coming out to see me; it’s great to be here.” He forgot the rest of his speech and froze. He looked back at Charlie in a panic.

Charlie stepped forward, “If you have any questions we will take them now.”

About thirty hands shot up. A.J. pointed toward a blonde man with a microphone.

“Mr. Smith, it’s great to see you. I’m Mark Brown from The Journal,” he said in a rush. “I was wondering if you could tell us a little about your writing process.”

“My writing process?” A.J.’s voice cracked. He scanned the crowd looking for Kate. She was in the back… and she was doing the Macarena. A.J. tried to keep a straight face and turned red. “I usually lock myself in my room after school for a few hours and try to get at least 500 words on the page. Sometimes they fit together and sometimes they don’t. If I get stuck I go for a run or do my homework. I usually come back to it before I go to bed.”

Next, he pointed to a blonde woman who was slowly edging her way toward the stage. “A.J., can I call you A.J.?” she asked, smiling sweetly. A.J. nodded. “I’m Sarah Chase Cameron from The Times; it’s great to finally meet you. Our readers want to know where you get your inspiration. How do you come up with those gruesome details?” Sarah thrust her handheld recorder in his direction.

A.J. smiled and thought called it, okay a quarter for sincerity.

“I’ve been really interested in crime and its prevention from an early age. I’ve done a lot of reading about it and some of the images have just stuck with me I guess.” He pointed to another reporter, but Sarah spoke up again.

“Do you think that your interest in crime came about after the murder of your parents?” A.J. froze. He looked at Kate but she had stopped dancing and was staring open-mouthed at the reporter, as was the rest of the crowd. They began to murmur to each other.

“I… Um…” Sarah’s eyebrows raised and she smiled victoriously.

Charlie stepped forward and cleared his throat. The audience went silent, anxiously waiting for an explanation. “It was horrible what happened to A.J.’s parents. I’m sure that it has an effect on everything he does.” A.J. slowly stepped backward, trying to imagine he was anywhere else. Even with his imagination it wasn’t working. Sarah’s smile only grew. “That’ll be all for the question and answer segment,” Charlie announced as an effort for damage control. “We’ll meet you at the entrance for some pictures and autographs in a few minutes.” A.J. sprinted offstage. Charlie watched as Kate made her way toward the backstage area, then he zoomed in on Sarah Chase Cameron. She smiled at him slyly and winked.

“What the hell just happened?” asked Kate. “How did they find out about your parents?” A.J. just paced and shook his head. Charlie approached him and put his hands on his shoulders.

“You did great kid! Let’s get you some water and go take some pictures.”

“What? No? How do they know about Mom and Dad?” he yelled.

“You know reporters,” he tried to blow it off. “It’s their job to dig up the dirty details of anyone worth interest. She probably has a source somewhere in the police department. Your parents’ case is still open.”

Kate handed A.J. a bottle of water and guided him to a chair. He sat and downed the whole bottle in one big gulp.

“I’m going to go see what they have set up for us in the entrance,” said Charlie making his way toward the stairs. “You’ve got three minutes buddy.”

A.J. sat in silence. Kate stood there staring where Charlie had exited. “You don’t think it was him do you?”

“Huh?” asked A.J. looking up at Kate.

“Charlie? You think it was him who let the story about your parents slip to the reporter?”

“Charlie wouldn’t do that. He’s a good guy.” A.J. felt the need to defend him even though he knew it was probably true. Charlie would do anything for a quick buck and more personal interest meant more book sales.

“I have a bad feeling about all this,” Kate said.

A.J. stood up and threw the bottle away in the trash, a mix of courage and exhaustion taking over. “Let’s go get this over with.”



legitimate pre-midnight post. holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment