I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Every now and then she offers me a lemon Now and Later.

I kept thinking today was Thursday.

Like this morning I went downstairs expecting a staff meeting, nope that's tomorrow morning.

Just started off the day on a weird note.

Didn't help that I was freaked all day because of the interview tonight.

For Diversity in Libraries class we have to interview a librarian of color but they have to be from this selected list so the one I chose works in Seattle. Anyway, we set up a time and I had all my questions ready but I was still freaked the whole day.

But she was great, had a lot to say and all that.

Immediately after I wrote up the transcript - we have to submit that plus an overview them comment on others, however it's not due 'til the like 24th.

So I'm way early on this one.

Same with last night's, it's not due until Friday but I knew I wouldn't have time to do it later so I got it done then.

Even if I did go insane sitting in the same position and staring at the same screen for three hours.

Gotta learn how to take breaks.

But see when I take a break then I'm not motivated to start again so I just don't.

Anyway, I'm glad to have them done. Today at work was pretty good. Aside from the think it's Thursday keep opening the wrong schedule thing.

Figured out my Library Golf logistics. I'm thinking 9 holes will be enough. That way I'll have enough TAB kids to each cover a hole and circulate.
If I put two up on fourth floor, then they hit it in the elevator to ride down to second.
Then we'll put one in the biographies,
One in music,
One in nonfiction,
One in YA/Language,
One at the bottom of the stairs - we'll hit it from second and end at the base of first,
One in adult fiction and then
One in youth services to end it.

That's nine right?

2+4+1+2?

Reminds me of Clue.

"even if you were right it would be 1+1+2+1 not 1+2+1+1" "okay fine, 1+2+1+ Shut up!"

Anyway, now that I've got it okay'd and my kids want to do it it's full speed ahead. Bring it.

Though still waiting for them to get back to me so we can finalize our other two events.

They're good kids, they want to do more like fundraising stuff, however we're not allowed to fund raise on library property - which I only know because of the food drive. Remember last summer where my partner and I set up that build-something-with-the-food-donated competition? The wording had to be approved on the posters so that it made it sound like we weren't asking them for food, but asking them to help their favorite branch win the competition. It was ridiculous.

"When it comes to common language we all speak bacon."

What?!

Here, watch this.



Sorry, Storage Wars on in the background.

I think it's time for bed. Tomorrow's a big day.

All site staff meeting in the morning. First time ever, for me anyway, that everyone from director to aide is required to be there. More on that later.

And then after work is Valentine's Day with the boyfriend. No major plans, aside from staying in cause eating out is crazy on that holiday. More on that later as well.

"But he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared."
"But that was his job, he was an illusionist!"
"But he never reappeared!"
"He wasn't a very good illusionist."

Alright, so for the passed couple days all I've been listening to are yesterday's rec "I Love It" by Icona Pop, "Troublemaker" by Olly Murs and "Superhero" by Cher Lloyd. However, I've posted all of those within the past couple weeks so I'm pulling out the ipod and putting it on shuffle to find something else.


.....
.......
.....
.......
.....


awww, Favorite Aunties would be so proud.

Just Blew In From the Windy City - Calamity Jane


Favorite movie growing up which I blame completely on them.

Still sing this all the time.

For serious.

Glad it was Doris Day's favorite movie as well.

Alright, back to shuffle for number two.....

Nope, already rec'd that
And that
And that
Nope, that's crap
Rec'd that
And that
And that
Eh, okay this one works.

Hannah - Freelance Whales

catchy and a cool video.

good enough for me, i'm out!

"You see? Like the Mounties we always get our man."
"Mrs. Peacock was a man?"


Holy crap, you're not gonna believe it. For the second time in posting history it is literally 11:50.

So I don't even have to fake it like every other one just so it fits the right day.

Holy Holy Crap tag in usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment