I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Head First, Fearless.

Well that was fun.

Today I mean.

Very relaxing.

Church in the morning, buffet lunch with Homey G and the parentals after - only in a small town does an entire restaurant sing Happy Birthday to their waitress.

I swear, my father knows everyone in this town.

Though technically he does go there like every morning for coffee, anyway, he got us a table and I walk in to see the waitress wearing this Happy Birthday hat and she wishes me happy birthday as well.

Thank god she didn't make me wear a hat, I would have gotten so much crap from G-Wigger.

Anyway, some lady - that my dad also knew - went around saying we should sing the next time said waitress came through so we broke into song during her next pass.

She seemed happy.

Said she'd trade me ages.

Apparently 25 is more appealing than 44.

Tuesday I'll get to be in her shoes working on mine.

BossLady said I should have taken it off.

After lunch we came home and watched Swamp People - cause really, what's a weekend at the farm if there's no Swamp People? I'd cheer and say I avoided Hee Haw but I'm still here tomorrow so who knows what he'll have lined up for me to watch then?

Swamp People's premiere ended so then it was switched to Ax Men, well, a scene from Ax Men of this dude loading a crane onto a barge whilst his wife freaks out aboard said barge.

But it didn't sink so I can't make fun of him for it.

Well, I can, but it won't be as fun.

I turned on Charlie's Angels again after Dad left to go work on a project and Mom went to some party thing in town. Burned through a disc pretty quickly whilst playing Mahjongg Titans.

I know, my life at the farm is so rough.

That's only cause it's my birthday weekend.

Think I've officially watched all the discs from season two, but it's okay cause I brought season one with me as well. Mom has been watching quite a few of them as well. She makes fun of them and me for them and yet she continues watching.

More fun one-liners.

"If we were still married, I'd poison your coffee!"
"If we were still married I'd drink it!"

Ten bucks if you can name who they're quoting.

If you guessed Winston Churchill or David Lloyd George I owe you.

After Charlie's Angels was dinner with his parents and mine plus my brother and his family. It was supposed to be my whole immediate family and his parents however sickness and sports took over for the 2 missing siblings.

But it's cool, I'll see them later this week.

Dinner was fun.

Got a hot beef sandwich.

The boyfriend made fun of me.

"You have anything to choose from and you choose a hot beef sandwich?"

Then 2 minutes later says that sounds good but goes with chicken.

I rarely eat fried chicken anymore. Makes me nauseous. Stay tuned with the family history and you'll figure out why.

I got some cooking stuff from mom and even stuff from his family, they didn't have to do that but they're awesome like that.

Porcelain cat that looks just like Carter. He's gonna love it.

And some movie gift certificates, stoked, will most likely use them on Tuesday, he's coming up. Thinking about seeing Identity Thief.

Speaking of, have you seen the preview for McCarthy's new movie with Sandra Bullock?



Oh my god, I died.

Pretty sure the boyfriend was not as enthused so I have a feeling I'll be watching that one with Sketch.

After dinner I went to his place and we watched Mystic River.


Scale of Awesome rates it at about 7/10. I was intrigued but not obsessive enough to watch it over and over.

Sean Penn was great, as was Shawshank - don't remember his name but he'll forever be Shawshank - and then Kevin Bacon as the cop.

The ending was a little confusing, may have to pick up the book and read it.

I saw it all the time whilst shelving at the home branch, right next to Shutter Island and every time I'd think, "movies I haven't seen". Lehane was the author I believe. Could tell you exactly where on the shelf to find it but they've since shifted and I would be off.

And that's all I got for today. Tomorrow is another lazy day before heading back to the real world, but first stay tuned for some music and more family history.

Fearless - Taylor Swift


Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash

in the mud and the blood and the beer.


Family History, Dad's Sid Part Two:


When I was little I used to be the favorite. There was a big age gap between me and the other eleven so I was the baby. Grandpa and Grandma only lived half a mile away from our house. Sometimes grandpa would pick me up from school and we’d get groceries. They both helped out my parents a lot with babysitting when mom and dad were busy. I spent a lot of my afternoons watching Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

There’s a picture of me on mom’s fridge from when I was grandpa’s little helper. I used to dry the dishes after he washed them. Well, I attempted to dry them, I think he went over them again when I was done and preoccupied with something else, but I stood on a stool next to him and smiled pretty for the camera. It was a regular routine. When I cleaned house for grandma I did more sitting and drinking tea with her than actual cleaning which was true for literally everyone that tried to clean. We would all try but were never successful. Grandma always made everyone feel welcome and special.

When I was really little, around 4 years old, I was watching Jungle Book with the lights off and it was really loud so I got scared. No one seemed to be in the house at that time because they were cleaning the bins. I was so scared I ran all the way to their house barefoot on gravel roads in the dark. Grandpa took me back home and my parents didn’t even know I was missing.

The only movies they owned were “The Best of Victor Borge” and “Riverdance.” God bless Michael Flatly for my lack of tap dancing skills. We used to watch them all the time. Grandma loved to watch the dancing and listening to Mr. Borge play piano. I always wanted to fast forward through the actual music and just listen to the jokes. I now own them both but can’t watch either of them.

I used to play the hymn “Glorious in Majesty” over and over on their piano. Grandma always encouraged my playing because she was once a piano player herself. I was never any good despite years of lessons. My aunt Elaine taught me how to play “Strawberry Roan” a song about a horse who bucked people off its’ back. I’d play that after I grew tired of “Glorious in Majesty.”


No comments:

Post a Comment