I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, February 10, 2013

As legendary gangsta rap icon Katharine Hepburn once said...

2013 Grammy Award Highlights:

Drinking Game - take a shot every time LL Cool J says "hashtag"
Which of course I didn't, cause according to Deb you'd be "drunk in 20 seconds." I enjoy commentating on Facebook, you get the best comments. Ladies Love Cool James was a pretty great host, I enjoyed his final performance, Travis Barker on drums!!! I was expecting more humor out of him, but the serious approach worked well.

Taylor Swift = T-Swizzle
Taylor was having a ball tonight. Only nominated for like 1 or 2 awards total the only time the camera was on her for longer than 2 seconds she was dancing in the audience. To like every song. I can think of 3 separate occasions where the camera panned to her dancing. It was highly entertaining.

"and Justin Timberlake returns to music on the Grammy stage" did I miss the part where he left the stage?
Did he take a break and I didn't notice? I guess that's what happens when you get married and focus on your acting career.

"As legendary gangsta rap icon Katharine Hepburn once said..." - Neil Patrick Harris
I really have no comment to this, just that I love Neil Patrick Harris.

"If this is in HD everyone can see our faces and we are not very young." - Fun.
Lena Dunham in the house! She's dating their guitarist so I cheered every time she was on screen. Fun. dominated tonight. That's all I can say. They're fantastic. Though not usually a good idea to announce you have to pee in a thank you speech.

"I got stuck to Miranda Lambert, there's a story in a song...for later, after alcohol...I'm just kidding children."



Best moment of the entire night. Kelly Clarkson wins, hugs half the audience on her way to the stage, gets stuck to Miranda Lambert, totally flustered when giving her speech claiming she didn't think she'd win it. She was great later in the show too with her tributes to the honorary winners. Flashbacks to her early career on American Idol, the only season I watched was the first when she won.

"And if you don't win, don't worry. I was never even nominated in this category and I have my own eyelash line...take that Bon Iver!"
I love Katy Perry, and her shoutout. Why wasn't she nominated for Best New Artist? She dominated the charts? That's weird. It's funny though because when one half of a couple is onstage the other half automatically gets panned to - John Mayer to Katy Perry, Miranda to Blake, Keith to Nicole, Beyonce to Jay-Z, etc.

"Max, even snakes have been on a plane."
Kat Freakin' Dennings!! Literally screamed. Stoked for 2 Broke Girls tomorrow, especially since it's a Grammys episode. Curious about how that will work.

"Most artists who win album of the year tend to go on to have even more phenomenal global success, embark on humongous tours OR get knocked up like last year's winner."
I flippin' love Adele, she's hysterical. Especially at awards shows. It wasn't a big surprise that she won tonight, especially after winning like 6 last year. Mass hysteria. Anyway, she's allowed to say this, because she was last year's winner.

Ended the night with 7/11 correct, which isn't awful but it's not great either. Music Awards aren't my forte because I don't listen to the radio - I always have my ipod and plug that into the car and everything. I mean it's not like I know nothing, I still buy their songs to play on the ipod.

So, as for performances the Black Keys stole the stage, and the tribute to Bob Marley was super cool with Bruno Mars, Sting and Rihanna. Though I was confused as to why Bruno sang his own song first since it was supposed to be a tribute. Granted he did admit that he used the melody of Marley's song "No Woman, No Cry" as inspiration.

Here's the tribute:



Here's the Black Keys:


I love these guys, they're great and they don't get enough attention. Here's my favorite of theirs which I blame entirely on Oldest Sister:

Tighten Up - The Black Keys

this video makes me laugh.

So that's one half of the music rec's the other I found on iTunes, and since I don't listen to the radio this could already be a big hit and I have no idea. If it's not yet, it will be soon so you should listen, it's great.

Troublemaker - Olly Murs feat. Flo Rida

doesn't hurt that he sounds just like Adam Levine. but it's very catchy, reminds me a bit of Misery by Maroon 5.

Seriously, compare and contrast:

Misery - Maroon 5

aside from their voices, the melodies are also very similar.

i love this song, in my top 5 of theirs which is saying something because i've become crazy obsessive about them and their music since Second Sister got us all hooked. Plus he's on the Voice so that's only intensified it all.

Alright, I'm out. Sleeping in tomorrow cause I don't go in until 4. After that it's date night with the boyfriend.

No comments:

Post a Comment