I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"The first thing you can expect is a punch in the face so you're lucky I just screamed."

Title was from an aide to another aide - quote of the day.

So I found out today that my mother is more stubborn than me.

If humanly possible.

She sent me a recipe in the mail with my Valentine's Day card, then today when she came to work (to pick up her book on CD cause she uses me for my library card) she brings along a bag of ingredients for said recipe.

Cause she knows I'm stubborn and won't do it.

Told me I'm supposed to make it for the boyfriend for Valentine's Day to which I laughed cause I can't cook.

Which you know if you've read this long enough. I burn everything.

But my apartment is still standing so even if it's scorched I call it a victory.

Tonight I made spaghetti, only burning myself once.

Another victory.

So a new recipe will probably kill me.

I'll see what he thinks about it and go from there.

We still don't have plans, aside from not going out cause it's like a madhouse everywhere.

Probably stay in, make something and watch Almost Famous.

But Mom got her book on CD and I got to see my music mentor since she was with mom. Was good to see her back in action. Camp is coming up fast!

They brought cookies.

Pretty sure mom is determined to be the favorite.

Even if she's not trying I'm pretty sure she is.

Every time she comes in she brings food so that makes her the clear winner.

There was food everywhere today because of various celebrations. But TPD had stuff, we had cookies, reference had stuff, even third had snacks.

Though they always have snacks, I work on the wrong floor.

I'm exhausted. Today was super long. Ended with a TAB meeting, lots of debates going on. Well, more rambling than debating but they're good kids so we have fun.

I don't know, just something about today's I was just zonked by the time I got back downstairs. But I sent out the meeting minutes before closing which means tomorrow is just Volgistics and follow-up.

We voted on Summer Reading Events. Superwoman is okay with us having three cause the other branches get three - small victory but I'm taking it, though it won't feel small when it comes around - so we voted but as some of the regulars couldn't make it to the meeting I've sent the options to them and will wait to hear back until I make any final decisions.

Library Golf is one for sure.

The second is looking like decorating jars - drawing on super thin paper and taping it around then adding a light so it lights up like a paper lantern. Or putting stickers on it, painting over them and pulling them off to reveal the design underneath.

Fitting for the "Beneath the Surface" theme, though Cabin Fever basically said "screw the theme" and since she's in charge I'm going with it. Saves me from finding a way to make library golf to fit.

The third one is up for debate but I'll keep you posted.

After that I came home to homework. Originally the boyfriend was going to come up but his work schedule is messing with his head. Ironic that he's working days and having trouble whereas nights he's fine. But I guess you get used to that. I think he just doesn't like putting up with managers. Cause they're not around on 3rd shift.

So I did Internet Reference homework instead. Not due 'til Friday but tomorrow I'm interviewing a librarian over the phone for Diversity, then Thursday is Valentine's and then it'll be Friday so it's good to get it out of the way.

I started at 9 and just finished.

And now I just feel like blah meaning I need to post music and go to sleep immediately if there's any hope for tomorrow being better.

I Love It - Icona Pop

They're Swedish.

I absolutely love this song and have had it on repeat in my headphones for literally over an hour. I've been working on this freakin' assignment since 9PM. Meaning 3 hours on the same paper, staring at the same screen, searching the same things over and over and over and all I can think of are the lyrics to this song.

Fitting.

Here, mellow out.

King of Wishful Thinking - Karmin

Their cover album makes me love them even more. Before the fame.

OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment