I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

but then she went to Cleveland with some guy named Leland that she met at the bank.

I suck at Scratched or More Scratched.

I learned that today.

Either that or BossLady is just that good.

We found this coin looking this that isn't actually a coin, more like a weight of some kind, but we were bored so we started playing heads or tails but as it was blank and didn't have a heads or tails we labeled the sides as Scratched and More Scratched.

That was the entertainment of the day, the rest was just nervewracking.

Superwoman finally approved my plan for library golf, woohoo!

Anyway, so I sent out a mass email today about my idea about library golf and how it would work. I always get nervous when I send out anything that's a mass email, takes me like an hour to get the wording right. I was all excited to get it out in writing, but the responses that I got - from people I hadn't already talked to cause all the people I had already talked to were for it completely - suggested I contain it to the 4th floor.

But if you restrict us to the 4th floor it kills the whole activity because it would be just like mini-golfing anywhere else. The ability to use the stacks as obstacles or design holes to match the areas in which they're located makes it unique.

Their point was about liability, but really if it's limited to 6th-12th graders they're smart enough to not swing for the fences - or whatever the golf equivalent is for that term - but you know what I mean, they're not going to intentionally hit it into foot traffic.

And the holes would be blocked off anyway, with tape and books blocking the possibility of anything rolling out to where people would trip over them.

And if something is needed from the area then the game will pause until the item is retrieved.

I'm just trying to show teens that we're more than just our collection. That we actually want them to visit the library and have fun at the library so that they'll come visit us in the future.

Superwoman did officially approve it though and when I talked to the other supervisors previously - Cabin Fever and the rest of my new fun librarian friends - they were all for it. But I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

What else from today?

The boyfriend is sick so our plans for the week have been postponed. Aside from that I talked to Sketch for a while and that was basically my day.

And still I find myself watching Lie To Me even with that list of movies that came in yesterday. Just met his ex-wife, played by Jennifer Beals. Yes, little miss Flashdance herself is making a comeback - Lie to Me, Chicago Code, The Mob Doctor and of course Sophia Turner on Castle, aka Castle's former muse.


Alright, on to the music:

Ohio (Come Back to Texas) - Bowling For Soup


Willie Nelson wants you back.

For a list of other things that want her back go here: Extended Edition

and she's out.

No comments:

Post a Comment