I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, February 16, 2013

You move it Turkey, we were here first!

Kelly, the jive-talking angel. My second favorite line in the entire series.

The first of course comes from the first season episode Angels at Sea. They all get notes from the killer, Sabrina's says: "I love you, I'll prove it, you won't like it, I don't care."

I don't want to be 25.

Thanks to my new library friends I now feel like that's old.

One said she had a bigger problem with 25 than she did with 30.

That's comforting, thanks.

Doesn't help that I don't have Slim Shady around anymore to call me a young'en. Even though she's only like 3 years older.

If you go back far enough you'll find posts on here with her nicknamed "grandma" it was only after inservice 2011 that she became Slim Shady.

Cause they kept making her stand up for things she got volunteered for.

If you don't get that reference it'll make me cry inside.

Women wave your pantyhose, sing the chorus and it goes...

Now it's just me and the New Guy.

We are, we are the youth of the library.

I'd post the inspiration for that phrase but it's a depressing song and I'm aiming away from that.

At least for this weekend.

But if you get the above-mentioned reference you probably get this one as well as they were played on the same stations only a couple years apart.

If not, Google it.

I used plenty of Google tonight working on homework. Had to interview three people and have them search for certain stuff then document the search engine - all three chose Google - the search terms - which were all different - where they were on the result list - spread throughout - and then give a piece of advice.

All I could think of was branch out from Google.

Give metasearch engines a try.

Aside from that it was all Charlie's Angels all day. Like 3 discs worth.

Mom watched a few, even Dad watched half of one before he left for the car show.

Though there's a 70 percent chance that's only cause it's my birthday week.

The other 30 being it was his TV.

Dad will of course make me watch Swamp People tomorrow as the season premiere was on the 14th.

Yes, I'm sure that was every girl's dream, to stay in and watch Swamp People on Valentine's Day.

Though it was also opening day for A Good Day To Die Hard which really isn't that far off with all the violence and action. But it's okay I like them both. Not the average girlfriend I guess.

Alright, that's all I got. Cause that's all I did. So it's on to the music rec's and some family history as mentioned in yesterday's post and then I'm off. As mentioned previously you're gonna get a lot of my writing this week, family history and more so stick around. While I think it's crap some people claim it to be otherwise.

The Man Who Never Lied - Maroon 5

there goes my no sad songs plan, but tell me you're not in love with this song and that band after hearing it.

i dare ye.

Family History Dad's Side Part One:

My grandparents died about a year apart but I seemed to have blurred their funerals together. It was the same family, same funeral home, same church, same section of the cemetery, same people that showed up, same people to deal with when you I home.

My grandma died in 2002. I was a freshman away at a dorm high school so I wasn’t around when it happened. I got a call mid-school day telling me. My parents were a lot less brutal than my brother was with my sisters. “Hi Cindy, well, grandma’s dead.”

I remember wanting to do the eulogy at her funeral. I thought I would be strong enough to handle it. Two of my older cousins ended up giving it which was wise since I only lasted about halfway through. In it they talked about how Francis and Amolia had 11 grandchildren, 6 boys and 5 girls until I was born and made it a dozen. I also evened out the boy/girl ratio. When they said my name I broke down and my aunt put her arm around me. I remember walking out and not being able to look anyone in the eye. Grandpa didn’t cry, or at least he didn’t when I looked over at him. He sat in the front row in his wheel chair, with his tinted glasses and his Masonic Lodge ring.

When my grandpa died it was completely different. I was coming back from a volleyball game when I was told. On the way back to the dorms with my friend Katie I noticed our suburban parked outside. My parents were standing out there leaning against it. It was dark but I could still make out their faces. I saw them and just knew. It was just a weird feeling. My legs stopped moving and my mind refused to come up with any other conclusions as to why they were standing there waiting for me to get back. I grabbed Katie’s hand and remember saying something like “I can’t go over there. I don’t want to go over there.” I thought if I could just stand there everything would stay the same, everything would be normal and happy.

Before the service I stood in front of the coffin with my brother. I touched grandpa’s hand and it was cold. He was wearing a gray suit, Masonic ring still on his finger just like any other day.


more tomorrow.


but i just couldn't break your heart like you did mine yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment