I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I said I wasn't gonna lose my head, but then POP goes my heart!

So I have a theory, I'm calling it "Dewey's Law" that states no matter when you put library items on hold, they will all come in at the same time.

Even if the holds were placed months apart, they will still all come in at the same time.

See, this sabotages people who put holds on multiple things - TV series, movies, books - cause you can't watch/read them at the same time. Which makes that whole 3 weeks thing suck cause they're on hold, meaning that most likely other have them on hold so you can't renew them.

I only bring this up today cause in came Looper, The Odd Life of Timothy Green, Paranorman and Get a Clue - aka The Westing Game in movie format (though officially the movie is called The Westing Game so why we have it cataloged under Get a Clue I'll never know).

Anyway, all of this was after I had already checked out Fargo earlier today.

Then realized that I already had People Like Us and Men in Black 3 at home so I'm trying to prioritize them by what my boyfriend might actually want to watch and what he'll never be caught dead watching.

Because for those that he wouldn't be caught dead watching I can watch while he's not around - you know, just fly through them. Them being People Like Us, Get a Clue, The Odd Life of Timothy Green and probably Paranorman leaving him with he options of Men in Black 3, Looper and Fargo which I watched once upon a time - I think I was like 8, which is not a good age to watch that movie but I didn't really pay attention to it anyway.

I was too busy with my legos.

This is what happens when your sister has her boyfriend over and she gets put in charge of you.

They watch a movie and you play with legos.

But I liked legos so that was okay.

All I remember is that it has Frances McDormand in it and she's some sort of cop.

I've been seeing a lot of her lately, Promised Land, Almost Famous, just checked out Moonrise Kingdom to a patron, still debating if I want to put that one on hold.

But holding off cause of course, it would come in at the same time as 5 others.

And all of these right after I get hooked on the show Lie To Me, meaning I'm putting them all off anyway.

I know, woe is me. I had a good day, compared to everyone else at work today.

It was a sad day at the library today. Our library director's husband died and half the staff was at the funeral.

Taken far too early, but she's tough. She has to be to put up with a rowdy crew like us.

So I find I have absolutely nothing to complain about cause really nothing compares to that.

Aside from the holds thing.

Which doesn't really count cause I actually like when holds come in cause then I can actually watch them and not wait in line anymore.

Do you ever have the thought that no matter how bad your day is - and I'm not talking about mine today, cause mine was good - but just no matter how bad your day is someone somewhere is suffering so much more? And you're lucky to just be having the problems that you're having cause things could be so much worse?

I used to think that all the time when I worked at the home branch. We were right next to a hospital so we heard sirens daily.

It just gets in your head.

I'm sorry, morbid, think fast, watch this. It is happy and amusing.

Pop Goes My Heart - PoP!


Name that movie.

Think 0:56 is my favorite part, though it all screams 80's awesomeness.

Speaking of laws and the home branch, I also had this theory about the Law of Averages that some day all of the items on a single cart were going to be shelved on the shelf right at eye level.

No bending over to get to the bottom shelf, everything was gonna be right in front of me.

Cause with the Law of Averages everything it happens eventually.

But, much to my chagrin, never happened.

Oh well, like I said, small potatoes compared to everything else in life.

And since I really have nothing else to talk about other than to ask your opinion on two separate matters - diversity in libraries and Valentine's Day, I did mention they were separate, right? - I'll attempt to stop rambling soon.

Diversity in Libraries - the only real assignment I have this week, aside from discussion posts to which I will respond after I post this, is to come up with a poster session proposal about some aspect of diversity in libraries. Any ideas as to what specific aspect or topic I should focus on?

You're smart.

And the majority of you either work in or visit a library, knowing the people who do read this blog anyway, so you must have ideas or opinions.

Thoughts?

Then comes Valentine's Day. What do I get the boyfriend?

Last year I got him a Star Wars mug with chocolate, and he got me flowers. And we made dinner together cause neither of us can cook - or so he claims, even though he's the one with history in the food service industry and made the entire meal last year - but now what do we do to top that this year?

So those are my questions for you. Feel free to answer however.

I will leave you with this, turn on some Lie to Me and crash.

Goin Down The Road - The Wailin' Jennys

tribute concert to Bruce Cockburn, give it a chance, they're worth your time.


No comments:

Post a Comment