I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, February 22, 2013

I will wait, I will wait for you.

Huzzah for a day off.

Was actually semi-productive.

Remember the plan? Watch movies and do no homework?

Actually did some homework, so the reverse psychology worked.

Which is weird, but I'm not questioning it.

So yes, I did homework and laundry all the while thinking nothing about work work, which is what I needed.

And tomorrow is another break from the norm cause I'm taking my teens shopping for paperbacks.

Basically they pick out what they want the library to buy and put in the teen section and then they get snacks.

I know, right?! Awesomeness.

And then after that is margaritas with the Cool Aunt.

But today was good.

I did watch movies as well, so don't start questioning my sanity yet.

Not that you haven't before.

I have all these movies checked out so I made a pile of what I will actually watch and what sounded good at the time.

Cause you know you get all these titles and you put your name on the list and then they come in and you lack the motivation to watch them cause you didn't really have it to begin with, but you put your name down anyway just cause it was there.

You know those ones?

In my not watching pile is Hell On Wheels, the Odd Life of Timothy Green, ParaNorman, and Flight vs my still plan to watch pile which consists of Looper, Workaholics season one, Fargo, School of Rock and Murder in Suburbia. Two of which are Interlibrary Loan Items. And then of course my already in progress Mystery Science Theater 3000.

The one I did watch today was Trouble With the Curve which is now in my return pile on top of all the not watchings.



Clint Eastwood, Amy Adams, Justin Timberlake. Had an interesting story, reminded me a bit of Moneyball actually. Not too bad, Scale of awesome puts it at about 7/10.

Clink Eastwood as Amy Adams' dad is just funny because they both have such strong personalities.

"You need some money for some new clothes?"
"I just came from yoga."
"You into that voodoo, huh?"
"Yeah, I'm thinking about getting three 6's tattooed across my forehead."

and who knew Justin Timberlake could clog so that was exciting.

So I watched that, three episodes of Bones - finally saw the roller derby episode, loved Angela as the jammer - one episode of NCIS, two episodes of Zero Hour - and am loving it - and then had Storage Wars on in the background while I did my homework. So I burned through some DVR as well which is good cause that fills up fast.

As what I have here didn't sound appetizing and I didn't feel like driving anywhere I ordered pizza for lunch.

Delivery dude always compliments my socks.

Same dude every time.

But for some reason I'm always wearing shorts so he can see my mismatched socks.

However, tomorrow I will need to go shopping cause I'm out of Diet Dr. Pepper and that's always the deal breaker. Been drinking all my bottled water with strawberry Mio in its absence. Now I'm out of that too and all that's left is liquor so I've been refilling them.

So tomorrow is grocery shopping, paperback buying, dinner with the Cool Aunt and then probably more homework before work work on Sunday.

On to the music and fiction.

I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons

I could have swore I've already posted this, but Blogger says I haven't. Shocker. Cause it's awesome. As are they.


Short one tonight cause tomorrow's is longer.

Life of a Teenage Writer: Part Three

The red entryway was filled with piles of A.J.’s book, “Effaced” and its sequel “Nemesis.” There was a table and two chairs set up across from the main entryway. On the table were pictures, posters and pens to sign them. A.J. sat in one of the chairs but Kate stayed back, looking for Sarah Chase Cameron. She’d have a few choice words of the four letter variety for her once she found her.

It seemed that Charlie had found her first. They were talking animatedly about something before Charlie realized his star was at the table. He took the other chair and everyone began to line up. Sarah Cameron instructed her photographer to take a few shots, and then headed toward the front of the table. All eyes were on her and A.J. waiting to see what would happen. She smiled at A.J., who swallowed, signed her book, and looked at the next person in line. Sarah Cameron and her muscle-bound photographer left the scene quickly as Kate started towards them. They were locked in their car before she even made it to the front door.

After hours of signing autographs and taking pictures Charlie finally let him go home. Charlie drove off in his fancy car as Kate got in the passenger side of A.J.’s red Bonneville. There was a lot of silence which was unusual in their relationship. A.J. looked over at Kate and saw her staring out the window at the lights. The hour long drive to Middlebrook was going to seem even longer. He turned on the radio. As Baha Men blasted from the radio Kate remarked how ridiculous the song was and A.J. added that he was amazed that a song about dogs could give anyone a platinum album. After what seemed like an eternity, they made it back to their one stoplight town and pulled into Kate’s driveway. He talked her out of the car, saying he was fine and was just going to go to bed, but he could tell she didn’t believe him. She knew him too well. He drove off anyway and pulled into his driveway two blocks down. A.J. parked the car in the garage and went inside, the door closing behind him.

“Hello?” yelled an unsure voice. The TV volume was turned on loud so A.J. knew exactly where to go.




another pre-midnight post, holy crap tag in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment