I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Friday, February 8, 2013

Metaphorically Applause

Ah, a day off.

I feel like I have to celebrate every time that happens and I don't have major plans.

Slept in, that was nice. Woke up around noon and watched People Like Us.



Chris Pine, Michelle Pfeiffer, Elizabeth Banks - who's in everything now, Hunger Games, What to Expect When You're Expecting, Our Idiot Brother, Pitch Perfect she was producer and cast member, she's directing a segment of Movie 43 which is basically a film stocked with more celebrities than Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve combined - which is saying something.

And you know Chris is pretty popular now with Star Trek and Michelle's always been popular so I figured it would be good.

If you watch the trailer you've got the storyline. He's this big shot in New York who's in over his head, his dad dies so he goes home for the funeral where he finds out his dad is leaving this big chunk of cash to this chick and her son. He follows them and figures out she's the sister, etc.

It was pretty good, Scale of Awesome rates it at about 7/10, aka good storyline, humorous moments but not something I'm going to watch over and over.

Now I'm back to Charlie's Angels.

Season three.

Yes, yes, I know. I've seen all of the episodes of seasons 1-3 like 5 times each but I got season 5 and am attempting my way to it. Even though the thought of season 4 just doesn't seem right.

And I don't even know why, it's not like Sabrina's my favorite and she's the only one that leaves.

In fact I don't know that she's anyone's favorite, which is ironic cause the show was built around Kate Jackson.

Originally she wanted to play Kelly so the pilot makes Jaclyn Smith look like the star, but she changed her mind at the last second - though too late for the script to be re-written. Jaclyn was actually the third billed below Kate and Farrah, but finally made her way to the top during the 4th season.

Yes, I know, I'm sad. But Drew does own the rights to them so what do you expect?

I only jumped back to CA cause I finished season one of Lie To Me. I don't have season two because they only had one and three on sale at Target (for like 10 bucks each) so I'll have to get season two off Amazon - or no, now I have a handy dandy Best Buy gift card from the boyfriend's family that I can buy it with, woohoo!

Yes, so we went out to dinner tonight at the Mexican restaurant in the college town. I joked that you could tell the students from the not students when a waiter dropped a plate and they clapped. Though according to his sister-in-law you're supposed to yell something about a job opening.

We did a lot of clapping in the cafeteria. That was when I went. Meaning freshmen and sophomore year, don't think I set foot in it all of Junior or Senior year. But anyway, yes, supper was fun. Their family gives out Valentine's Day presents, which I was unaware of but the boyfriend did some shopping to cover. But I got that, some chocolate, a candle, more gift cards, I like stocked up and didn't even know anything about it so it was a good day.

But dinner with their family is always fun. They're a goofy gang similar to my family so it feels like natural. The boyfriend is still sick - though he does finally have his voice back. The problem with that though is now that he's better he has to work second shift this weekend so I don't get to see him anyway!

Oh well, next week it is.

So now I'm home with my leftovers. Think I'm gonna throw them in the microwave, eat some more then crash. Everything always tastes better after midnight.

Songs of the day:

One Love - Various artists around the world

cool video, great song.

heard this one on the way home, haven't posted it in a while.

Word Disassociation - Lemon Demon

cooler video, far too much time on their hand - love it. same guy that does Potter Puppet Pals which if you haven't seen you should google cause it's highly entertaining.

and she's out.

No comments:

Post a Comment