I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, February 4, 2013

Barbie isn't popular. You still have to buy her friends.

"If you wanna get sick, lick a library book." - BossLady-ism

So today was fun.

Actually got a decent amount of sleep last night. Think I was out before 2AM. Shocker, I know.

But it made for a nice relaxing day.

Worked the desk, stocked supplies, came home immediately following to watch more Lie To Me and do some writing.

Even more of a shocker. Lately I've been doing a lot more editing than writing - for my awesome now officially published friend. But I've been looking through some old Sketch and Edits that I'd started and disregarded, may start bringing a few back.

But of course before I can even think about posting them on here I have to send physical copies to Sketch or she would drive all the way out here just to smack me.

Cause the whole thing is really her fault. She refused to draw anything for me until I wrote something for her. And thus Sketch and Edit was born. Way back in 2008. And while they've been on the backburner they're always there in the back of my head.

The problem with that though is you know how you get an idea and then you think it'd make for a great story but then when you go to write it down later you totally forget whatever it was that you were going to write down?

Or is that just me?

See, I used to write things on my hands, arms, legs, wherever.

Literally, my arms from fingers to elbows would be covered in notes, but I have a feeling that SuperWoman would frown on that so I now just forget stuff.

"present company excluded." Beckett's gonna kick your ass.

Yes, I'm watching Castle.

I'm intrigued, thinking that this Senator has something to do with Castle's dad. He seems a bit too young to be his father but I'm wondering if there will be some sort of twist that he's his brother or related or something random.

Unless he dies by the end of this episode, in which case I take back that theory.

The Senator, not Castle. You can't really kill off the namesake.

Well, you could, but I doubt as if people would continue watching the show since it took 5 seasons just to get him and her together.

She let him go?

Oh, she's gonna get busted.

"Drive" movie clips in a commercial. Did you hear a woman actually sued the movie company because she thought there wasn't enough driving in the movie?

Like she was led astray or something so she sued them.

Alright, this is mere ramblings, I know, I'll hit you with something fun.

More Useless Information:
-The term "oxymoron" is itself an oxymoron because "oxy" means sharp and "moron" means dull.

-Eggs sink in water when they are fresh and float when expired.

-The symbol on the pound key # is called an octothorpe.

-Pentheraphobia is a fear of a mother-in-law.

-Butterflies taste with their feet - this one I found out at work, told a coworker who turned, looked sincere and went, "i have a whole new perspective on life!"

-On an American one dollar bill there is an owl in the upper left-hand corner of the "1" encased in the "shield" and a spider hidden in the front upper-right hand corner. don't have a one dollar bill to test that one so it could be complete crap

-Every book in the State Library collection is stamped on the top, bottom, spine and page 30.

Alright, on to the music then I'm out.

these guys are great, check them out.

Whatever Gets You By/Drawing Board - The Features

totally underrated, love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment