I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Choot 'em LizBet!

Wow. A day off. So this is what that feels like.
It was an awesome one, hung around the apartment, ate breakfast for lunch/dinner, watched a Harry Potter marathon. Carter and I jammed out and napped on the couch. Plus I did some writing. I've started on a new story and am thinking about linking it to one of my old ones that I'm stuck on.

Basically, the idea is to write a group of short stories or one long story about an apartment building. Not like the physical building but the people who live in it. Like one story will be about one apartment and the next will be about their neighbors and just move on and then somehow bring them together in the end. Maybe it'll be crap but it's just an idea. And I'm blaming it on Superwoman since the idea originated from all the "Exotic Dancers next door" jokes from when we went to see our friend's band play at a bar.
Go here for my favorite of their songs: My Life in Closed Captions: Can I Keep You - Some Assembly Required plus a list of a bunch of library goddess quotes. Ha!

Anyway, there were exotic dancers in the bar next door so we made jokes and it just makes me wonder about my neighbors. Maybe I do have exotic dancers next door. Cause really, what do you really know about your neighbors? I've talked to maybe one of them. And I've been here over a year.

I'm still debating if I want to link it to my old story. I mean, I could, cause they live in an apartment and it's a story all about them. So I could start on one about their neighbors. Maybe. I don't know. But it's kind of cool mapping out an apartment and deciding who lives in the building and what might be going on in their lives. Or maybe it'll be dumb. I'll keep you posted. I still have no idea how I'll bring them all together in the end. Maybe I'll burn the place down. No, that'd just be mean.



I'm watching Swamp People with Dad. It's sad, I'm hooked. What's more sad?...I've seen all the episodes on the DVR. Now I'm re-watching them. It's just so like just whoa. You know? Like, I could never do that. Ever. And I know that the show is ridiculous, but I still can't help but stare.


Music of the day:

when all else fails do the time warp again.

Glee does the Time Warp from Rocky Horror



and Damnit Janet

quits halfway thru but is still hysterical.
love the three in the background, almost as good as the original. janet....janet....janet....awesome.


Alright, gonna hit the sack soon since tomorrow's gonna be camp central. Forms, assignments, t-shirts and possibly cleaning out the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment