I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Andy Richter Controls the Universe

Andy: "The imaginary dead guy was right."

DVD review of Andy Richter Controls the Universe- it's fantastic. Scale of Awesome says 8/10 I'm seriously dying from laughter. ...Yeah, you've probably never heard of it. Go here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307716/

Jessica: "I have never been so alert. Coffee should be drinking me!"

Andy Richter plays Andy Richter who's a writer working for this huge company. He writes manuals and he goes to his office one morning and there's another dude in there, claiming it's his office. Turns out this dude is going to illustrate the manuals and at first Andy plots on how to get this guy fired so he can get his office back but then they become friends so that doesn't last long.

Wendy: "She's like the terminator except she's not from the future and she likes to dance!"

Paget Brewster plays Jessica Green, which of course, is the reason that I picked it up in the first place, well, ordered it through interlibrary loan. Pure awesomeness.

Jessica: "Oh yeah, I, I meant to erect a monument to that conversation but I couldn't find a grate of marble boring enough."

Anyway, it's fantastic. Paget is their boss, well, their supervisor Jessica. Also important are Keith, the good-looking best friend of Andy's played by James Patrick Stewart, and Andy's love interest Wendy, the new receptionist, aka actress Irene Molloy, who's in a relationship with Keith. So that's awkward. But only lasts like the first two episodes. The illustrator who he wants to get fired but then turns out to be okay is named Byron, and he's played by Jonathan Slavin who's pretty much a pro at the whole awkward dude role. Oh right, and the imaginary dead dude mentioned earlier is the founder of Andy's company. He's been dead for like years...and I have no idea who plays him so I'd have to look that one up.

Wendy: Where's your lipstick?
Jessica: In my purse.
Wendy: Where's your purse?
Jessica: I don't know. All around my lipstick.


But the great thing about Andy is that he's a writer, so half the show is like all these scenarios kind of like, I could have done this...but what I really did was this.

Wendy: "Puppies, yeah, I think they're great!"

Wait....Is that Kirk? Oh my god, he's everywhere!! Gilmore Girls Kirk makes an appearance as Andy's neighbor and old frat buddy from college. That's interesting.

Jessica Green: Do not ask her out.
Andy Richter: Why not?
Jessica Green: Because you're gonna go out a few times, then you'll break up. She'll feel hurt, you'll feel guilty and I'll feel dirty because no one will be cleaning my apartment.

That's my favorite episode so far because it has Lola Glaudini in it as the maid. Lola was in Criminal Minds before Paget came on, she played Elle Greenaway - actually Paget came in to replace her mid-second season after Elle went off the reservation and shot Jason London....who was also in Out Cold with AJ Cook aka the AJ of AJ/JJ in Criminal Minds... Sorry, I watch too many movies/tv shows.
SQUARE!: It's funny to see Paget and Lola in a comedy together instead of like two dramatic cops.

Okay, here's part two of the "Best of" cause it's funnier than part one.

"......i sent a memo....." "Yeah, Tim Stalin in accounting...that was the worst Stalin I could think of."
A lot more second season than first though. I got the complete series from ILL. gonna have to buy it off amazon.



love it.

Oh right, today, so I worked 9-6 all at the small branch. And the cool thing about working with Sensei is that she's a cool boss. Sometimes you know if you're one on one with a boss you're like under pressure to do everything right but I feel none even though technically I'm at the bottom of the totem pole there. Well, the top of the totem pole I guess since that phrase is actually inaccurate.

Okay, gonna watch more now. Cause I'm hooked. And I'm free. For tomorrow and Monday. Free like a bird. Be free! Be free birds! I don't know where I was going with that. Maybe to drive a bus or something. I'm still sad about Jack the Pigeon. Totally depressing. I killed a bird. Sort of. I mean, I didn't physically kill it. But it did ride with me from work to my apartment where it died in my parking lot. So, it's partially my fault. Cause he's dead. And that's sad.

Wendy: "Jessica...harrassment has the word 'ass' right in the middle of it...it's like the guys who made it up were trying to give you a big clue..."


Okay, life is good. Have Sunday and Monday off. Sunday is vacation time cause I don't get that ever and Monday is all about camp. Huzzah! I'm out.


Oh right, music. Um. Right.

Bills, Bills, Bills - Glee Cast Version

pretty sure the last time I posted this somebody was mad at me the next day cause it was stuck in their head. so i'm sorry. hope it doesn't happen again.


now i'm out.


SQUARE!!

haha, i'm diggin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment