I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, July 4, 2011

banjos duel as grandma has an unfortunate encounter with a reindeer.

I love my job. Just gonna put that out there. Today the Queen of Awesome brought me super hero crazy bands so I went around today with Iron Man, Captain America and Spiderman.
And it was super funny this morning because it was our Post-4th-of-July party and my Glee-Loving Boss made a bracelet out of pipe-cleaner and beads, hands it to me and says, "Here, you can't say I never gave you jewelry."

Another thing I love about my job - interlibrary loan. Currently I'm watching Best of Match Game. The pilot isn't as funny but it has Brett Somers' husband on it. He agreed to do it if they let Brett join the show as well. Every answer he has he makes fun of his wife. Funny stuff.

Okay, so if you haven't seen the pictures on Facebook that I was tagged in - I haven't posted mine yet - for the love of God do it now. That way we can get over it and move on faster. Yes, I wore a dress. No, that's not happening again anytime soon. I will, however, wear the cowboy boots to work. I'm thinking Thursday since it's my shorter day.

The wedding was awesome. Outdoor on a ranch, seriously pretty. There was a slight rain delay but it was a baseball wedding so they're used to those. Well, not like a baseball themed wedding but the groom is a baseball coach and their family is linked to the SF Giants. The bride was super calm the whole time, no bridezilla moments even when he sat around in the basement for like 4 hours.

After I got back it was fireworks central. And me and my niece and nephew are pretty goofy so Oldest Sister took a lot of pictures of us posing. There's a super awesome one of me and M holding confetti guns and looking like we're gonna peek around the corner of it and attack. Definitely one to post on here. It's my profile pic on Facebook. Plus Charlie's Angels with J. "It's Bubby's Angels. Who the heck is Charlie?" This is second general CA, I went as Dylan with my two friends as the other angels. We had shirts made and everything. Love it.
Other fun quotes:
-"Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water." I had this neverending fountain in the road and a car pulled up and sat there for like five minutes then when it looked like the fountain was done he passed it and right at that moment it started shooting a bunch of stuff again right as he was passing it. Awesomeness.
-"Not as comfortable with strobes up your butt?" I sat down to watch the finale and the chair was super uncomfortable.... yeah forgot to take the bag of strobe lights out of my back pocket. After that it was much better.
-"I feel bad drinking out of this. But Jesus drank wine! So its okay." Sister-In-Law and I got koozies at the parade and they had religious stuff on them. We used them to hold our alcohol.

How does one "Watch their language". Just curious.

Songs from the weekend

"Dueling Banjos." Deliverance

A dedication for Beej who spent an hour trying to think of the title of this movie. We knew it was one word so we kept guessing titles that sounded western.
That kid is awesome.

"Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" - Dr. Elmo

was stuck in my head all day today. I have no idea why or where it came from. No grandma or reindeer books at all.
I swear it sounds like he's saying Grandpa got run over and not Grandma but I'm going with it.
I love 0:58. Pause. Turn. Sing. SEND THEM BACK!

Alright, all for tonight. Today was 9-12, 1-5 and 6-8 so I'm gonna was MG and crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment