I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Sunday, July 24, 2011

good times never seemed so good

The time has come. Swamp People is officially over for the season. Sad day. But they tagged out so it's okay.
I love Troy and Elizabeth. Plus Jacob. They're my favorite team. Troy's the comic relief while Liz and Jacob are more sane.

"Lochness must have had a twin brother. Cause we just caught him." Good god, their boat is gonna sink. Tons of pounds of gator filling a boat in a storm. There's like 4 inches of boat over the water. Stupid.

"It's the only bad habit I got and I'm going with it." Junior's wife about smoking. Someone on the boat is always smoking. Doesn't matter which boat.

Today was a full day and actually pretty busy. Plus media central now that Amy Winehouse died. Total sad day that she joins the Forever 27 Club. True thing too. Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, all died at 27. So apparently there's some sort of club. I don't know. Google it. Sounds like a curse to me.

Also, Lady Gaga shot a music video in a bean field here in the awesomeness that is Nebraska. We're assuming it's for her new song written about her Nebraska-born boyfriend.

So I was all excited because I get tomorrow off and I could do camp stuff. But my partner in crime is gone, and Nic is gone so it's just gonna be me. And I was like yay! I get to sleep in! I can stay around the house and work at my own pace, I'll get stuff done...but I walk in the door and Mom's like "we're doing corn tomorrow."
Crap.
The phrase "doing corn" means picking 80 million ears of corn, shucking them all, cleaning them all, then cutting them up and putting the pieces of corn in ziplock bags that are measured out. The process sucks. And it's disgusting cause you get all wet and sticky.
Man.
They better let me sleep in. I moved out for a reason.
Should'a stayed at my apartment.
Man.


Okay, why would someone who was put in a hospital because of a snakebite, be out during a full moon voluntarily catching snakes with his barehands for extra cash? Seriously?
With a long sleeve shirt and some gloves. Crazy.
But I like Willie. He's the one with one of his front teeth missing. Not the most school-smart hunter, but he's got some strength and swamp-smarts. yeah, swamp-smarts. I'm going with it. He usually hunts gators with his Dad.


Songs for tonight = Puck's greatest hits

Fat-Bottomed Girls - Glee version

love it.

Sweet Caroline - Glee version



Alright, out for the night. Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment