I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

T-shirts, Justified, Karen Darling, and Human Candyland

Forgot a quote from yesterday -
Nic: "What do we want to focus on - our complete lack of skills or our ability to have a good time?"
Me: "Both."
we're making t-shirts for the golf tournament and were figuring out nicknames to put on the back of them. i love it. cause yeah, we suck. well, pastor is good. but the rest of us are lacking in....something. but we have a lot of fun. we came in last year and everyone was like "we could hear you across the course!" everyone wants to be on our team.

Today was good. Worked the split shift plus actually got to take a nap between. It was fantastic. Also started watching Justified. I'm liking it. I thought it was gonna be a show about dirty cops because I can't see Timothy Olyphant as anything but a bad guy - except when he was in Hitman which is ironic since he was a Hitman - so it was new seeing him as the protagonist cop transferred from Miami back to his home state of Kentucky. Also new, Natalie Zea's role as his ex-wife. I'm so used to seeing her as the awesomeness that was Karen Darling and to watch her as this like weak female I almost thought it was a different actress. It's like if Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester suddenly had no opinions of her own and just did what people told her to do. Just proves Natalie Zea is that talented. But I'm only two episodes in, so maybe that will change and she'll have some sort of Ugly-Duckling/Beautiful Swan transformation. Or in this case a Winona Hawkins/Karen Darling one.
I'm used to the yelling, strong, slapping people Natalie Zea.

"When I first proposed to you I didn't love you." "Oh, that's okay."

I'd give the show a 7/10 on the Scale of Awesome but I've just started it. Maybe that will change. Still I have to finish Andy Richter Controls the Universe and The Wizard of Oz since those are due soon. I might just order ARCTU off Amazon. Paget is hysterical.

No, I still haven't watched The Closer or Rizzoli and Isles and when I walked in this morning that was the first thing Sensei asked me. I was going to watch them today between shifts but wanted to nap instead. Today was madhouse because it was gameday so there were kids everyone. Super cool because my Glee-loving boss set up Human Candyland. Like with squares and everything. I was super jealous. They drew their card and would go to that color square on the floor - he used colored paper and taped them to the floor all over the library weaving in and out of the aisles. Totally awesome idea.


Songs for the night:

"One Love" Glee

zenned out.

"Angel" Sarah McLachlan

favorite song from high school. feel like i go back to it whenever i'm in one of those moods. like when brenda leigh wears her brown sweater on the closer. security blanket. I love 3:02-3:03 on this version.


I may go off the radar for a few days if tomorrow goes how I think it's going to go. Just a heads up. It's gonna be a full day tomorrow so I'm out. Watch some more ARCTU before I crash. My cat is giving me a massage. He's not gonna like that I have to get up to turn on the TV.


Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment