I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Welcome to Earth, third rock from the sun...pigeons, work, match game and cowboy boots

I drove a pigeon home with me today. Literally. He was on my car when I got in it at work and literally rode on my hood/windshield all the way to my apartment. I called him Jack. He had some serious balancing skills. When I got in I honked, you know expecting that would scare him off, but no. Then I turned on my windshield wipers - but no matter how many times I honked, windshield-wiped, and sprayed him with that water stuff that goes along with the windshield wipers he wouldn't leave. So I drove home. And yeah, he stayed. And, of course, when I got here I expected him to jump off then, but no. He was still on my car when I went back out to go to Target like an hour later. But yeah, as cool as Jack was, that wasn't happening again so I pushed him off. He landed okay and walked away. Headed toward a black bird. No idea what type it was. But I know this one was a pigeon cause I got up close and personal with it. Took pictures and everything. Oh, I should upload one.

Yes, Jack rocked the ride. I wonder if he'll still be in my parking lot tomorrow morning.


Today was good. Superwoman called this morning asking if I could work all day Saturday, then called again half an hour later telling me I work too much and made me take Sunday and Monday off. Apparently I spend too much time there. or there(s) since I work at two branches. I don't know, that didn't make any sense to me either and I wrote it. Anyway, I was thinking today - that's new, I know - that I used to be like the laziest person ever. I was content to stay on the farm, live with my parents and move pipe for a living. Because it was like a month in the summer. Maybe. And then I was done. Now, if I were to have to go back to that I would go nuts with boredom. I like staying busy. And while 2 jobs, taking classes for my master's and directing a kids camp - plus other random kid-directing-related jobs aka plays, VBS, etc. - may sound daunting, I've adjusted and I like it.

Clips of the Day:

Yay for more Match Game!
Okay, so this is my favorite moment in all of Match Game. We watched this episode right before my Delayed...Reaction partner and I went to Scaryoke dressed as Charles Nelson Reilly and Brett Somers.

He went around all night calling himself an actor of the "legitimate theatre." I laughed.
Fannie's answer is my favorite, seriously hysterical, I died on the spot. But when we asked that question to the people at Scaryoke this one dude said "baskets" and I lost it then too.


"Third Rock From The Sun" Joe Diffie

apparently their label made this giant globe to promote the video and a bunch of college kids stole it and rolled it down the street...haha.


Okay, so it's on. Tomorrow I'm wearing the boots to work. It's a short day so I'm going all in. Because SOME people don't think I can do it. And now they demand pictures as proof. So, if I see some of you tomorrow and you catch me pointing my phone at my feet there is a reason! well, this time there's a reason, but anyway I'm doing it! And I'll post the pics tomorrow as proof as well. I'm sure some of you have faith in me.


Alright, gonna watch some more Match Game and work on some of these camp application. They're coming in hoards now that we're past the due date. Which is usually what happens.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment