I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, July 25, 2011

Dear Roseanne Roseannadanna

Highlights of today:

-Slept 'til noon. I know! I was shocked! That never happens here. Dad thinks 8AM is sleeping in.

-12-5 was putting up corn - Increments of every 10 bags of corn required a Woohoo! That's how we kept track.
It was Mom, Dad, me, Brother and Sister-In-Law and their kids plus Sister-in-law's mom so it didn't take too long. The kiddos were pretty helpful as well, shucking corn - well, the oldest one helped, the boy played angry birds on my ipod and the youngest refused to stay in the shop - which is where we did all the cleaning and stuff now that it has air conditioning - so I was chasing after her while trying to keep her away from the hot water.

Me: "What's on your shirt?"
Abbers: "A Donut!"
it was a monkey.

Mom: "Did you do that to my phone? It's like that card. You could reprogram my phone to Spanish and I wouldn't know how to change it back."
i put a picture of a knocked over pivot as her background.


-Dropped off lyrics and corn at my mentor's bank for her to look over. She's the one who writes the songs every year but this year she left it up to us. She gave us the thumbs up.

-Finally sat down and turned on last week's episode of The Closer cause the new one was on next and I was like, "Should we watch last week's?" and Mom was like "Sure, I watched it already." The thing starts and literally 30 seconds later she bombards me with questions about what's happening in the episode.
"I thought you said you saw this one."
"I forgot it already."

-And Dad of course, after I had watched all of Swamp People, forced me to watch Hee Haw. And the only thing that ever makes that bearable is when one of these pops up.

Where O Where

the refrain is always the same but the verses vary. love it.


Song of the day:
Cool Rider - Grease 2 Soundtrack

Sketch dared me to walk/dance like that past the cafeteria. Fortunately it was during winter time so it was too dangerous for me to agree.

Clip of the day:
Roseanne Roseannadanna

My hero. Final clip of her doing this ever. Sad day.
I love Gilda Radner, Roseanne Roseannadanna is my favorite, along with Emily Litella, but you should check out her Best Of SNL DVD. It's fantastic.

Tomorrow's gonna be super long even though it doesn't start until noon.
Food Drive central. Pick up all the barrels and drop them off at the two libraries plus go to bank to count change and switch out with bills plus figure out the winner to the branch competition and a prize for that winner. And I suck at all things baking so I think I might leave that one for Fearless Leader when she gets back. Dunno if I can do all that plus camp at this time. But I'll figure it out.

Keep you posted. Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment