I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Saturday, June 11, 2011

You don't know me, You don't even care.

I should have done extemp in high school. Totally pulled off the booktalk thing, made everybody laugh, now I can breathe easily. Well, for the rest of the night anyway, just one more week and then I'm done with homework until August! And, technically, since we don't have to show up on Saturday if I get my homework done - aka read 2 books, make wikis for them and write a paper on the teen event I went to - tomorrow then I will be done tomorrow. With the class. And homework. Until August. How's that for motivation?

Today was fun, tiring but fun. First was class - gave my booktalk, shared my news broadcast with a small group, listened to a dude ramble longer than I do about young adult books - he was amusing and swore a lot so I can see why young adults like him. After all that was more Graduate Assistant Training is what I'm going to call it as she put me in charge of evalutations and all that again. Already bringing her coffee and collecting papers, what happens when it's official? Ha!

After the joy that was class (cause I like class so it's a joy) I headed back to my apartment to change and eat lunch/watch an episode of Covert Affairs even though I have DVDs out that are due soon, then went to the bridal shower/bachelorette party for my college roommate. Pampered Chef party, as I don't cook I got stuff for my mom. Cause I'm a nice daughter like that. But also because I don't cook. That was in the church basement, we went over to her house for the party - they had some awesome bedazzling of shirts and games and food and drinking. Fun times were had. I love her sisters. They're hysterical and it's so funny because they all look so much alike and their voices are similar so that I have to pause before saying something so I know I'm talking to the right one. Realized tonight that I can't call her by her last name anymore - which is what I've done since high school basically, we've been friends for....oh man headmath on the fly August of 02 and it's June of 11 so almost 9 years. Geez. She will soon have a different last name. And it's not as catchy as her current one. Although, I still call the second half of Amber Squared by her last name and she got married...hmm... will have to work on that one as well.

So, tomorrow is going to go one of two ways, either I sleep in and watch the DVDs I have checked out on my account and I'm totally lazy. Orrrrr I get started on my homework, read at least half of one of the books and sort through all the camp applications I've gotten the past few weeks. My bet is on the former, but we'll see how it goes.

One of the books I have to read is on the Salem Witch Trials so I'm stoked about that as I've done a lot of research on it. Charmed has made me a Salem buff, the Mummy got me hooked on Ancient Egypt, listening to Percy Jackson brought back all these memories of Sophomore English on Mythology...I like history, but it has to be tied to something I care about or I forget about it. Does that make sense? It probably doesn't make sense. If I have a distinct memory linked to something I learned in school it helps me to remember what I learned. I'm not explaining this well. I think I just need to go to bed before I murder the explanation any more.
Okay, like, the Civil War, that was big, right? Yeah, no recollection of what year it took place or the generals names or whatever because, as I'm sure I've learned about it at some point in my life, I have no memory to link it with. I think that's why teachers make us do projects and presentations. Ohhhh, now school totally makes sense! joking. But it's true, if it's tied to our lives we'll have a better chance of remembering it for life. Or at least until the test.
Sorry, I get rambly when I'm sleepy. Ignore that paragraph. I'm gonna turn on something and konk out.
OUT!

woops, lied, song for the night:
"Boston" Augustana

give this one a chance. the piano is excellent, wish I could play it. love this song, but honestly laugh at the refrain because I just hear Leonard singing it on Big Bang Theory -

here:

yes those are cat toys.

But it was a cool video. There should be a tagline: this many pianos were ruined on the beach during filming.

now i'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment