I could write a blog. I have thoughts.

Life at the library, adventures with friends and other hysterics...

Monday, June 27, 2011

And all you're ever gonna be is mean.

You know what's worse than Wendy's new natural cut fries? Cold Wendy's new natural cut fries. What's with this healthy crap? Fries aren't supposed to be healthy. We know that going in. Fry is in the freaking title. What's healthy that's fried? They make deep fried beer now. Not sure how that works but sounds intriguing.
Oh well, they still got the frosties and the chili so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Actually that's what Grams and I lived on for a summer when I was staying with her. Cause I can't cook and she wasn't allowed to. It was an interesting summer. Luckily the cool aunt was always around when needed. Plus the bookstore aunt brought us this awesome microwaveable bacon so we could make bacon and tomato sandwiches. Not BLT's. Cause that would imply that there was lettuce. Is that just a my family thing? That it's just a bacon and tomato sandwich? Probably.

OMG! So I've been having the weidest dreams lately. In one of them Alec Baldwin thought I was Jesus. And at some point I was wearing a crown of thorns. The only logical explanation for that is that I watched the "Judas" video by Lady Gaga right before I went to bed and I've watched nothing but ESPN all week and that freaking Alec Baldwin credit card commercial runs every five minutes.

Today's Highlights:

-Got a package in the mail from an old friend! Huzzah! Warper Tour pics from back in '05. Gonna have to share a few with you later when I get them uploaded. Totally stoked!
-I talk to my dorm mom twice a year. Once when I call her to see when her fireworks stand opens and second when I see her at the fireworks stand. So, today when I called, the first thing she says is "Tomorrow!" Definitely headed out there between shifts tomorrow! 4th of July and Xmas are my favorite holidays. And I splurge a bit for both. Totally stoked! I got some already today on sale and I'm gonna go through inventory tonight to figure out what I gotta stock up on tomorrow.
-Oh the joys of camp. What started out as camp files and updating ended in cleaning the church basement since it flooded. My brother, the saint, came on the run to help. But we did get done what we needed to do and we'll meet up again in two weeks when I've gotten all the application forms. And now we have fun codenames. Which will be revealed later on.


Aaannd on with the show as promised. Four more and then I'm done.


Book #9 - "Dirty Little Secrets" by CJ Omololu
Everyone has secrets, but Lucy has a big one. One that, if someone even entered her house, would blow up in her face. Her mother's a hoarder and has been for some time. So what happens when something tragic occurs? Does Lucy face facts and go get help or does she try to take care of it herself?
Scale of Awesome says 7/10. I literally had to shower after this book. And that's as much of a summary I can give you without giving anything away since the event took place like only 10 pages in. But seriously, I mean I know that my parents and myself and my family hold on to stuff. But if it ever gets that bad, please say something. Seriously.


Book #10 - "The Unsinkable Walker Bean" by Aaron Renier
Walker Bean loves his grandpa who just happens to be dying. He's dying because he has this haunted skull that's supposed to be in a cave with witches. If it's returned to their cave he will be saved so Walker takes the skull and tries to return it to the cave. On the way there he makes friends with pirates, avoids his father who wants the skull for himself and tries to keep the skull a secret.
Scale of Awesome says 3/10. I'm sure it would be entertaining for a young adult boy since it's a graphic novel and the coloring is awesome but the storyline is just confusing. And it cuts off so there's supposed to be a sequel. I'm still lost.


Book #11 - "Wicked Girls" by Stephanie Hemphill
This story follows the Salem Witch Trials and the group of girls who's lies started them. Each page is basically a different journal entry by one of the girls - they kind of alternate - and it's completely in verse.
Scale of Awesome says 7/10. It's actually pretty clever and since I'm kind of obsessed with the whole Salem thing it was hard to put down.


Book #12 - "Out Of My Mind" by Sharon Draper
Melody is handicapped and spends her life in a wheelchair. And she's brilliant but she can't communicate so people underestimate her. Finally she gets this computer than can talk for her but are people going to like what she has to say?Scale of Awesome says 5/10. I was totally into this book until the ending. Complete buzzkill and killed my SOA rating for it. And I'm sure that's exactly why she ended it that way, because it makes you think. But it was totally mean cause it was the last book I read the whole semester. And I started with Revolution which was this mind-blowing book. Like I said, total buzzkill.

Songs for tonight:
"Mean" Taylor Swift

diggin' it. love the dudley do-right aspect.


"The Cha-Cha Slide" DJ Casper

big fan of this one throughout high school and college
love the video cause you've got all generations covered. i'm gonna make sketch dance with me like that when we're in the nursing home. i mean, when we're not racing scooters. cause that comes first. scooter jousting. we've got big plans. watch out world.

Tomorrow's split shift plus FIREWORK SHOPPING! and just got a phone call from Oldest Sister who's using me and making me go to the Saltdogs game on Wednesday - long story - you know, you're lucky I don't have a life outside of work. I could have plans..... right.

No comments:

Post a Comment